I don’t know if these people are really my friends

Jajaj    

Idk but I feel like my friends don’t really make an effort with me but expect me to make an effort with them and always be there. When I feel they aren’t really my friends, they do like the smallest thing which makes me change my mind. But this weekend it’s been very awakening. My friends always call me this name which annoys me all the time and I they know it aswell. Whenever I try and talk about watching basketball with them (they watch it a lot), they always make fun of me and call me this nickname, leaving me feeling like rubbish and that I have to go out my way to know more. However, when I do that they make fun of me more and now I’m too scared to talk about basketball even though I love it. Also, they all bring up secrets all the time to make fun of me and win an argument and I really hate it. Am I in the wrong for considering to break off these friendships, but if I do I don’t really have many people to talk to in college (UK)

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, Jajaj said:

Idk but I feel like my friends don’t really make an effort with me but expect me to make an effort with them and always be there. When I feel they aren’t really my friends, they do like the smallest thing which makes me change my mind. But this weekend it’s been very awakening. My friends always call me this name which annoys me all the time and I they know it aswell. Whenever I try and talk about watching basketball with them (they watch it a lot), they always make fun of me and call me this nickname, leaving me feeling like rubbish and that I have to go out my way to know more. However, when I do that they make fun of me more and now I’m too scared to talk about basketball even though I love it. Also, they all bring up secrets all the time to make fun of me and win an argument and I really hate it. Am I in the wrong for considering to break off these friendships, but if I do I don’t really have many people to talk to in college (UK)

Hi @Jajaj, welcome to the community 🙂. It's great to have you here! I'm Aurora, I'm one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I give support and advice to those, who reach out to us. 

Thank you for opening up about what's been going on with your friends. It sounds to me like you don't really have a nice time when you're hanging out with your friends and you can't be yourself or say what you would like to say. Is that right? How long have you been friends for? I'm wondering, what is important to you in a friendship and are you getting any of this from your friends? 

Staff-Account.png