This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Trauma, Hate

haha..

local non-binary cup    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.

welp. it happened at last. i came out as non-binary to my homophobic mother and she said, "what in the world is wrong with you?! what are you reading on that damn phone?!!" and it gave me way more trauma than i realized. i just want to be happy with who i am. why is that so hard???

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Trauma

23 hours ago, local non-binary cup said:

welp. it happened at last. i came out as non-binary to my homophobic mother and she said, "what in the world is wrong with you?! what are you reading on that damn phone?!!" and it gave me way more trauma than i realized. i just want to be happy with who i am. why is that so hard???

Hi there, I'm Aurora, I'm one of the support mentors here. 

I'm sorry to hear how your Mum reacted to you coming out. It must have been really upsetting for you to hear her say this. Please know that you've done nothing wrong! How are you feeling now? We're here for you and this is a safe space where you can talk about anything. 

• Pride 1

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

I feel ya hun. But it was my own friend who did it to me. She told me she could never be friends with a "Fagot". That really hurt me. That was when I was in 8th grade mind you. Now, I'm a senior and I still get called a fagot. I look at that person who calls me it and I say, "I may be a fagot but I'm proud to be one." That catches the person off guard and they give me a dirty look and then walk away. So if someone starts giving you grief just tell them that you are your own boss and that you will be whatever you want. Trust me, it seems scary but once you do it you will most likely feel better about yourself. I know this from past and current experience. As long as you have people who care about you and who like you for who you are you will get through it. Stay strong hun!