Freshman Year

Bella_the_book_lover    

I am so scared for freshman year at high school. I start this Wednesday and I'm scared out of my mind. High School will feel so lonely and I feel like I'll never fit in there. I'm scared I won't be able to find my way and it's not even about the work, I guess I just feel like people will judge me there and I have this fear of feeling trapped there and not feeling at home and I want to feel at home there. Even with middle school I didn't feel so scared, but High School was always the school that I was like "I can't wait to go there" ever sense I was little and now it's actually coming and everything is happening so fast and I feel like I'll be lost through it all. It feels worse than any other 'firsts' that I've ever experienced and I feel like it will only end up bad in the end...

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, BookLover7654 said:

I am so scared for freshman year at high school. I start this Wednesday and I'm scared out of my mind. High School will feel so lonely and I feel like I'll never fit in there. I'm scared I won't be able to find my way and it's not even about the work, I guess I just feel like people will judge me there and I have this fear of feeling trapped there and not feeling at home and I want to feel at home there. Even with middle school I didn't feel so scared, but High School was always the school that I was like "I can't wait to go there" ever sense I was little and now it's actually coming and everything is happening so fast and I feel like I'll be lost through it all. It feels worse than any other 'firsts' that I've ever experienced and I feel like it will only end up bad in the end...

Hi there, thank you for sharing how you're feeling about High School. Have you spoken to anyone else about your fears? It's very normal to feel scared when you're starting at a new school and sometimes it can help if we remind ourselves that everyone else around us will also be worried about going to High School for the first time. You said that this 'first' feels worse than any other 'firsts'. and you listed a few things you're worried about. Thinking about your first day there,  what is thing you're most concerned about? 

Staff-Account.png