feeling awkward

akt99    

I have always been very anxious and making friends has been really hard. Recently i started college and i have no friends. I believe is my fault because i'm really awkward in social situations, i get really nervous when someone talks to me because im scared they would think i'm weird. At first it didn't bother me, but now i just feel alone because i have no one to talk to.

Hi AKT99,

Welcome to Community! Thank you for bringing your topic here. I know a lot of us who find it easier to be part of an online Community rather than going through the efforts of trying to make friends in person.

I hope Community is helpful for you!

Do you keep in contact with any friends from your previous school? Or friends from other online communities? Are you a part of any groups/clubs/organizations in college?

What kinds of things are you interested in?

Here's an article on overcoming social anxiety. Would love to know if it's a helpful article!

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/7-tips-for-overcoming-social-anxiety/

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hey AKT99,

I'm so glad it was helpful!

Let me know if there's anything else I can offer a suggestion about.

Wishing you the best!

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.