Relationship issues

Cute smurf ย  ย 

Me and my boyfriend broke up today....we been dating for a year and some months now. Last Monday night we were talking and everything was okay and then I asked him a question because I felt like he was ignoring me and then he went ahead and blocked me on WhatsApp. I reached out to him through his other number and he told me I was bothering him and he has a girlfriend. I became confused and asked him to clarify but he refused now I'm not one to beg but I swallowed my pride and asked him what I did wrong but he did not. Today I got fed up and asked him what we are and he said he don't love me no more. I can't imagine my life without him. He has been a huge part of me and I need help moving on

Edited by Cute smurf

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, Cute smurf said:

Me and my boyfriend broke up today....we been dating for a year and some months now. Last Monday night we were talking and everything was okay and then I asked him a question because I felt like he was ignoring me and then he went ahead and blocked me on WhatsApp. I reached out to him through his other number and he told me I was bothering him and he has a girlfriend. I became confused and asked him to clarify but he refused now I'm not one to beg but I swallowed my pride and asked him what I did wrong but he did not. Today I got fed up and asked him what we are and he said he don't love me no more. I can't imagine my life without him. He has been a huge part of me and I need help moving on

ย 

Hi @Cute smurf,ย  Iโ€™m Aurora, one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label and I offer support and advice to those who reach out to us. Welcome to the Community ๐Ÿ˜Š, itโ€™s lovely to have you here. Iโ€™m sorry you are going through this right now. Breakups can be really painful to deal with but please know that the pain wonโ€™t last forever. From what youโ€™re saying it sounds like your breakup may have come as a bit of a shock to you. Is that right? And it doesnโ€™t sound like your boyfriend treated you with respect if he just blocked you on Whatsapp and didn't tell you what was going on. How would you describe your relationship before you broke up?

ย 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

Thank you for sharing. Do you mind telling me a little bit more about what has been going on since earlier this year.? Also, how are you feeling right now? Please know that we are here for you!

Staff-Account.png

In February a week before my birthday I went clubbing with a friend and I got kinda wasted so I called my boyfriend to tell him that I was missing him at that time we lived in different cities like an hour away by car so I called to tell him I was thinking about him and he didn't say a thing turns out he doesn't like girls who drink alcohol yet he smokes weed.... He got angry at me after drunk calling him and never talked to me until my birthday passed. I came back home from work to find him in my room waiting for me as if he hadn't ghosted me for a while week he never even wished me a happy birthday. I apologized for getting drunk and he said I was forgiven but we were never okay after that issue. I think he never fully forgave me because since then we been fighting more than usual sometimes days would go by without any conversation between us. Right now I feel sad , confused and angry but mostly I feel angry

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, Cute smurf said:

In February a week before my birthday I went clubbing with a friend and I got kinda wasted so I called my boyfriend to tell him that I was missing him at that time we lived in different cities like an hour away by car so I called to tell him I was thinking about him and he didn't say a thing turns out he doesn't like girls who drink alcohol yet he smokes weed.... He got angry at me after drunk calling him and never talked to me until my birthday passed. I came back home from work to find him in my room waiting for me as if he hadn't ghosted me for a while week he never even wished me a happy birthday. I apologized for getting drunk and he said I was forgiven but we were never okay after that issue. I think he never fully forgave me because since then we been fighting more than usual sometimes days would go by without any conversation between us. Right now I feel sad , confused and angry but mostly I feel angry

Of course! It's really understandable that you feel angry. It sounds to me like your ex boyfriend avoids conflict, rather than talk about what's going on. Do you agree? And it's difficult to have a trust someone who will just ignore you and not explain what is going on. You said that you don't think he ever fully forgave you but I'm wondering how you felt towards him, after he ghosted you for a week?ย 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

Relationship break ups are really hard and it hurts. Especially when it wasn't our choice to end the relationship. I'm sorry you are feeling like this. It might be difficult to see right now but it will get easier. And we are here for you

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 8/17/2022 at 4:41 PM, Cute smurf said:

Thank you

How are you feeling today? We're here for you!

Staff-Account.png