When to leave a relationship?

Chloe1027    

I’ve been engaged to a guy I’ve convinced myself is the love of my life for 2 years. I moved across the country for him, gave up everything for him. But 2 years into this relationship and I find myself more and more unhappy. Our whole lives are entwined and I don’t even know who I am without him. Everytime I’ve mentioned calling quits he gets very emotional and I always end up staying. I feel like the worst person in the world. I don’t really know what advice I’m after really

• Digital Mentor
19 hours ago, Chloe1027 said:

I’ve been engaged to a guy I’ve convinced myself is the love of my life for 2 years. I moved across the country for him, gave up everything for him. But 2 years into this relationship and I find myself more and more unhappy. Our whole lives are entwined and I don’t even know who I am without him. Everytime I’ve mentioned calling quits he gets very emotional and I always end up staying. I feel like the worst person in the world. I don’t really know what advice I’m after really

Hi @Chloe1027, welcome to the Ditch the Label Community 🙂.  I'm Aurora and I'm one of the support mentors here. I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. Thank you for sharing how you're feeling. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling more and more unhappy in your relationship. It's really important that we look after our own wellbeing. I get the impression that you want to change something about your situation but you're not quite sure how to go about it, because you don't want to hurt your fiancé. Is that right?   

I think it's interesting that you said that you don't even know who you are without him. Do you mind telling me a bit more about what you mean by that? 

Staff-Account.png