Friends

Blueface    

I’m looking for advice and or a second opinion on what to do. I’m starting to question myself and my friends at school. I’m thinking about changing schools but a part of me says I’m overreacting. My main reason for this is because I feel lm not fitting in at all. For one, my friends that I’ve hung out with all school years are giving me signs that they don’t really conceder me one of them. This is because they rarely include me into stuff for example they never cared to hang out or even text me this summer. I consider them my friends as during the school year we did stuff like went to haunted houses and homecoming, and in class we have fun but the second they have a choice it’s like I don’t exist. During lunch it seems they couldn’t care less if I hung with them or not. I started hanging out with them because our interest are the same. And it’s not just them everyone else I’d care to befriend sees me just as a background character. One of my two  real friends that check up on me go to a different school and the other is going to a new school. He encourages me to also go to another school with him even though that school is said to be worse in terms of fighting and drama and blah. Even though the other school is worse it could be my chance at a new start. On the other hand maybe the answer is trying harder at my current school to get where I wanna be by being more social, plus my brother will be coming to my current school and I kinda don’t want to leave what I’ve made, my track team is supportive and it would make complications with me and my brother going to different schools.

thoughts?

also sorry of grammar mistakes because I’m not reading over this 

• Digital Mentor
6 hours ago, Blueface said:

I’m looking for advice and or a second opinion on what to do. I’m starting to question myself and my friends at school. I’m thinking about changing schools but a part of me says I’m overreacting. My main reason for this is because I feel lm not fitting in at all. For one, my friends that I’ve hung out with all school years are giving me signs that they don’t really conceder me one of them. This is because they rarely include me into stuff for example they never cared to hang out or even text me this summer. I consider them my friends as during the school year we did stuff like went to haunted houses and homecoming, and in class we have fun but the second they have a choice it’s like I don’t exist. During lunch it seems they couldn’t care less if I hung with them or not. I started hanging out with them because our interest are the same. And it’s not just them everyone else I’d care to befriend sees me just as a background character. One of my two  real friends that check up on me go to a different school and the other is going to a new school. He encourages me to also go to another school with him even though that school is said to be worse in terms of fighting and drama and blah. Even though the other school is worse it could be my chance at a new start. On the other hand maybe the answer is trying harder at my current school to get where I wanna be by being more social, plus my brother will be coming to my current school and I kinda don’t want to leave what I’ve made, my track team is supportive and it would make complications with me and my brother going to different schools.

thoughts?

also sorry of grammar mistakes because I’m not reading over this 

Hi @Blueface, welcome to the community. It's lovely to have you here 🙂. I'm Aurora, one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label and I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. 

I'm sorry  you are having a difficult time with your friends at school.  I think  we all struggle with our friendships sometimes and it can really effect our wellbeing.  I've noticed that you've listed a lot more reasons for staying at your current school rather than  changing schools, so I'm wondering whether your preference would be to stay and try and make it work for you. What do you think? Has there ever been a time when you've been happy and felt included with your friendship group at your school?  

Staff-Account.png