Hi DTL community

Mazen A ย  ย 

9 hours ago, Mazen Ahmed said:

This feels kinda weird for me but i think i needed someone to talk to and out of nowhere found my self here, so hi everyone hope you all a great day.

Hey,

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. How is everything going for you at the moment? Would you like support with anything?ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

14 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. How is everything going for you at the moment? Would you like support with anything?ย 

ย 

Actually, I'm at my lowest for a while. I'm having an identity crisis. I graduated a month ago and have no idea what I'm going to do with my life, and if I think of a job, I don't know if I really want to do this or just doing it for my social image and money, but to be honest, I feel like I haven't known who I am in this world since I was a kid. Another thing is when I'm in a relationship, I feel like I'm fooling my gf like i wanna say to her that this is not the real me. I have thoughts that I'm going to be like this for my whole life.

ย 

8 hours ago, Mazen A said:

Actually, I'm at my lowest for a while. I'm having an identity crisis. I graduated a month ago and have no idea what I'm going to do with my life, and if I think of a job, I don't know if I really want to do this or just doing it for my social image and money, but to be honest, I feel like I haven't known who I am in this world since I was a kid. Another thing is when I'm in a relationship, I feel like I'm fooling my gf like i wanna say to her that this is not the real me. I have thoughts that I'm going to be like this for my whole life.

Hey,

It's totally normal to go into a bit of an existential crisis when you graduate. There's so much pressure to go straight into your dream job and have it all figured out, but just know that it's okay to go at your own pace and you will figure it all out eventually. What do you think? Could you use now as a good opportunity to just take some time and explore different options?ย 

Also, can you tell me more about how you feel like you're fooling your girlfriend?

9 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

It's totally normal to go into a bit of an existential crisis when you graduate. There's so much pressure to go straight into your dream job and have it all figured out, but just know that it's okay to go at your own pace and you will figure it all out eventually. What do you think? Could you use now as a good opportunity to just take some time and explore different options?ย 

Also, can you tell me more about how you feel like you're fooling your girlfriend?

ย 

ย 

I have some ideas about what I want to be in the future, but when I think of it, I say to myself, it's difficult, no you won't be as good as the people who've been years in that field.

The thing about my gf, what i mean is that she only sees the good part of me. She sees me smile and have a good time with her, but she doesn't know about my dark thoughts. I'm sure she doesn't know that I'm depressed most of the time. You understand me?

ย 

What annoys me the most is my own self-esteem. I don't know if I'm ever going to have respect for myself. And thank you for listening man :)

ย 

ย 

ย 

Hey,

Those negative thoughts you're having are completely normal at this stage. However, remember, comparing yourself to others is bad for your confidence, and instead, you could think about trying to reach out to those people in the field to get tips. What do you think? Remember, you can do anything you put your mind to, and counteract those negative thoughts with positive ones about yourself that uplift you. You have the strength to get yourself out of this negativity.ย 

Also, I'm wondering, what benefits do you think it would have to let your girlfriend see the struggles you're facing?

On 8/7/2022 at 4:27 AM, Mazen A said:

This feels kinda weird for me but i think i needed someone to talk to and out of nowhere found my self here, so hi everyone hope you all a great day.

Hey there, welcome to the forum! How are you?โ™กโ™ก