Chronic bullying

anonymous200    

The abuse started three years ago. It would involve jeering and deliberately leaving litter on my routes. I got in touch with Environmental Protection, who told me to ignore it and they would get bored: they didn't. They carried on with this behaviour and included new ones such as vandalising plants and deliberately killing animals and leaving them in my path, and including peculiar messages and even excrement on the routes. I thought I would get away from them when my family moved but it continued in the new town. They get to know my routes and put things on them.Some of the things they leave resemble items in my room which suggests that they have been watching me at home. I have moved into my own flat in a nearby village and, needless to say, this has not solved the problem. Recently, they have thrown eggs at a neighbour's house. They even follow me to other towns. I have told the council and sent in photos of the litter but they do nothing. I have also told the police several times: some of them are quite sympathetic and have told me they will get community policing in, but this has not stopped the abuse. Others are condescending and tell me it is a matter for the council and not personal. I did have some luck with the Environmental Protection in the new area by telling them that one of the streets had a particular litter problem but this only stopped it for a while and they dealt only with the litter not the offenders. Could you advise me on any further action I can take to stop this abuse and any tips on how to avoid being victimised in future?

Hi there Anonymous200,

Thank you, so much, for sharing your story. Being able to communicate your worries and what you're going through is, often, quite healing.

It's interesting that the behavior still continued after you moved to a new town. Why do you think you are being targeted?

You've really done a good part in trying to prevent further bullying. It's true that cleaning up the litter doesn't take care of the reason why there is litter. Do you know the people who are doing this to you?

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions on what to do in order to prevent further offending. It sounds like you've addressed the situation with the correct people-- unless you had an idea of who it is who is doing these, so you could report them specifically.

The next, biggest step is overcoming how this bullying has affected you. This bullying has impacted you, you seem worried about when the harassment will happen again. Here's a few articles that may be helpful:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/top-10-tips-for-overcoming-bullying/

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/stress-reprogramming/

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/101-ultimate-ways-chill-reduce-stress/

Hope these are helpful!

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. So demoralised that I just haven't felt like it. All I want is for it to stop, and for these bastards to get the punishment they deserve. I have no sympathy for them at all now. They are destroying someone's life. I don't know why I'm being targeted or who they are but I do know that this is a waking nightmare and will go on for years if not the rest of my life, unless someone intervenes.

Hey Anonymous200,

I'm so sorry to hear. Your situation sounds very distressing.

I want to know how we can help. This is a complicated situation... you don't know who these people are, and don't know why you're targeted. I wonder what action we could take, or encourage you to take.

Have you considered finding a counselor so that you can gain the tools to address how these actions are affecting you? You shouldn't have to feel demoralized!

-willow

Hi Anonymous200,

I want these actions to stop, as well! I can only imagine how distressing they are.

I really want to help you. I'm wondering what more I can do? And what more do you believe the police/environmental officers can do?

-willow