Not sure if this is the right place for this... TW

kilala    

I was sexually assaulted by a teacher a few months ago, it was reported to the school who seemed to have neglected it. Recently my counselor reported it to the police and they are looking into the school's "report" but I've still been having an extremely hard time with it and I have no clue where to go so I'm gonna go ahead and do it anyways and hope it isn't bothering anyone.

Hey KILALA,

Thanks for coming to Community with this - we are here to help you, and you are not alone :)

I am so sorry to hear what happened, this shouldn't have happened to you and nobody deserves it. Please know that you didn't do anything to deserve it, and it's not your fault. It takes a lot of courage to talk about this kind of experience, and I believe you entirely. I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling. How are you coping with all of this?

When you say you're going to ?go ahead and do it anyways'?, what do you mean by this? If you mean by going ahead with the report, although I can imagine that it would be hard to go to the police with this, it is important to do so in order to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

It is great that you have a counselor for this. Do you find that talking about it helps? Also, have you told your parents and friends about it? Even though this may be hard, it is important to talk about these things and it can aid the healing process.

I hope that this advice helps. Hang in there. We are here to help you through this. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sending positive vibes -Monsoon :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e