my personal body image</3[vent]

Delaney    

For years on end I have always been comparing to myself to other people, like girls. But it’s gotten bad back these past couple of years like 2-3 years ago all my friends had started dating and found people they liked being with. And I didn’t think much of it because I will still young but know that I’m older and I’m starting to like people I feel as if they like me back but they go off and talk to other girls that are much prettier then myself. I don’t know what is wrong with me… I think it’s because of my weight, Because I believe I have a personality that lots of people would love but that could be the reason. And I’ve starting liking girls as well as boys but that even worse because how am I supposed to ask them if they Straight or not.  I’ve been trying to work out more and try to find my style and maybe boy and girls might look at me more. And what really made it this bad we’re my parents, they would always comment on how much I was eating and how I was so lazy and never worked out. And they would always find the worst times to Point out my weight. All my friends tell me that I look fine to way I am but I know there just saying that because they don’t have to worry because they have the perfect body, prettiest smile, and a good family that makes them feel good about themselves. So recently I have found myself eating less and less everyday and my parents have been overjoyed that I have lot a couple of pounds. And with everyone telling me I don’t have to change for anyone I feel as if I have to in order for some one to even look at me the same way I look at them. And I’m hopeful this will work

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @Delaney 
I have commented on another post of yours, but I am also going to tag in our Trained Digital Mentors to this post too for you so they can reach out and offer you some support or advice if you’d find that beneficial? @Monsoon & @Aurora

We are here for you, if you need anything in the meantime please feel free to reach out. 😊

• Digital Mentor
7 hours ago, Delaney said:

For years on end I have always been comparing to myself to other people, like girls. But it’s gotten bad back these past couple of years like 2-3 years ago all my friends had started dating and found people they liked being with. And I didn’t think much of it because I will still young but know that I’m older and I’m starting to like people I feel as if they like me back but they go off and talk to other girls that are much prettier then myself. I don’t know what is wrong with me… I think it’s because of my weight, Because I believe I have a personality that lots of people would love but that could be the reason. And I’ve starting liking girls as well as boys but that even worse because how am I supposed to ask them if they Straight or not.  I’ve been trying to work out more and try to find my style and maybe boy and girls might look at me more. And what really made it this bad we’re my parents, they would always comment on how much I was eating and how I was so lazy and never worked out. And they would always find the worst times to Point out my weight. All my friends tell me that I look fine to way I am but I know there just saying that because they don’t have to worry because they have the perfect body, prettiest smile, and a good family that makes them feel good about themselves. So recently I have found myself eating less and less everyday and my parents have been overjoyed that I have lot a couple of pounds. And with everyone telling me I don’t have to change for anyone I feel as if I have to in order for some one to even look at me the same way I look at them. And I’m hopeful this will work

Hi @Delaney, welcome to the community! As Daisy has already pointed out, I'm Aurora and I'm one of the support mentors here. Thank you so much for opening up about how you feel. We all have our insecurities about our bodies but lots of people don't talk about it so we often don't realise that our friends might feel the same way as us. I think social media and society often have a big influence on how we feel about our bodies as there are so many unrealistic representations of looks, body and beauty in the media. I'm sorry to hear that your parents have been commenting on your weight. It sounds to me like you might be happy with your weight, if they weren't commenting on it. Is that right?   Have you spoken to your parents about how  these comments make you feel? 

It's really lovely to hear that you know that you have a great personality! I think we often don't focus enough on the things we like about ourselves!

Staff-Account.png