Hey there!

Alpha9th    

Well, hello!

You can call me Alpha or the Ninth. I am from Russia, Moscow. He/him, cisgender bisexual male. Not an English native speaker.  Between 22 and 28 y/o.

Well, that's already pretty crazy (well, you know, authoritarian and war kind of stuff), but I actually made it even crazier for myself. I am part of a group of "silent protest activists" a local election commission. Officially and with a decisive vote. It is possible because of my "perfect" biografy: young doctor, year of compulsory military service, reserved officer with applied to state secrets (we won't speak about it), best available education, was a leader of a local volunteer movement. 

And also bisexual, broke the new political law, part of opposition movement and Ukraine supporter (ah, yeah, nobody irl do not know, that third part of relatives are there). Kinda huge closet I have. 

Why am I here? I actually really need a safe space. Some likemided people, which respect and accept each other. And maybe (just maybe) I would like to share my own experience and get support. 

Thank you for reading all that stuff! 

2 hours ago, Alpha9th said:

Well, hello!

You can call me Alpha or the Ninth. I am from Russia, Moscow. He/him, cisgender bisexual male. Not an English native speaker.  Between 22 and 28 y/o.

Well, that's already pretty crazy (well, you know, authoritarian and war kind of stuff), but I actually made it even crazier for myself. I am part of a group of "silent protest activists" a local election commission. Officially and with a decisive vote. It is possible because of my "perfect" biografy: young doctor, year of compulsory military service, reserved officer with applied to state secrets (we won't speak about it), best available education, was a leader of a local volunteer movement. 

And also bisexual, broke the new political law, part of opposition movement and Ukraine supporter (ah, yeah, nobody irl do not know, that third part of relatives are there). Kinda huge closet I have. 

Why am I here? I actually really need a safe space. Some likemided people, which respect and accept each other. And maybe (just maybe) I would like to share my own experience and get support. 

Hey, welcome Alpha :)

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 6:06 PM, Alpha9th said:

Well, hello!

Hello Alpha9th,

Welcome to the Ditch the Label community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I can imagine it's tricky for you having to live in Russia but with relatives in the Ukraine and being a supporter of them. What is your experience of this like? Also, I'm wondering, is it safe for you to talk about this on the internet? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

57 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hello Alpha9th,

Welcome to the Ditch the Label community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I can imagine it's tricky for you having to live in Russia but with relatives in the Ukraine and being a supporter of them. What is your experience of this like? Also, I'm wondering, is it safe for you to talk about this on the internet? 

About a security conserns: it is usual for me to be descreet. I took all the necessary precautions. Also I am definitely not in an immediate danger and I am not being personally at risk for now. 

And, if you wouldn't mind, I would prefer to continue discussion not under this post, but here: https://forums.ditchthelabel.org/topic/4833-the-completely-closed-closet/?_rid=14364

19 hours ago, Alpha9th said:

About a security conserns: it is usual for me to be descreet. I took all the necessary precautions. Also I am definitely not in an immediate danger and I am not being personally at risk for now. 

And, if you wouldn't mind, I would prefer to continue discussion not under this post, but here: https://forums.ditchthelabel.org/topic/4833-the-completely-closed-closet/?_rid=14364

Sure thing. I will reply there now. 

Hey! 

I created a blog and going to keep posting here stuff about my experience and some articles (useful, I hope). Check it, there is already an article about opposing your procrastination! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alpha9th said:

Hey! 

I created a blog and going to keep posting here stuff about my experience and some articles (useful, I hope). Check it, there is already an article about opposing your procrastination! 

This is great, thanks for posting!