Are fictional crushes and famous people real crushes or not?

Pixie_the_confused_something    

So I have realized that I do indeed have crushes on girls, non fictional like real human beings in my school. However, all of my guy crushes consents of famous twitch streamers to literal cartoon guys. Like, for awhile considered it not affecting my sexuality and stuck with lesbian until a very nice streamer guy comes around and just flings my understanding of everything  on the ground. At what point does it actually have any thing to do with my sexuality because I cannot just get with men that are literally unachievable to get?

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @Pixie_the_confused_something Welcome to the Community!

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums, I have read your post and wondered if you'd like to chat things through with one of our Trained Digital Mentors? I'll tag them in so you know who they are and they can reach out with some support or advice for you. @Blondie @Monsoon @Aurora

Look forward to seeing you around, if you need anything in the meantime, please feel free to reach out. 😊

On 7/29/2022 at 6:18 AM, Pixie_the_confused_something said:

So I have realized that I do indeed have crushes on girls, non fictional like real human beings in my school. However, all of my guy crushes consents of famous twitch streamers to literal cartoon guys. Like, for awhile considered it not affecting my sexuality and stuck with lesbian until a very nice streamer guy comes around and just flings my understanding of everything  on the ground. At what point does it actually have any thing to do with my sexuality because I cannot just get with men that are literally unachievable to get?

Hey @Pixie_the_confused_something

Welcome :)

I'm one of the digital mentors here as Daisie kindly pointed out. So, when you say you considered it not affecting your sexuality, can you tell me more about that?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 7/30/2022 at 8:44 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey @Pixie_the_confused_something

Welcome :)

I'm one of the digital mentors here as Daisie kindly pointed out. So, when you say you considered it not affecting your sexuality, can you tell me more about that?

Well, they aren't exactly real people or it's fictional character. I cannot date this person, I can't talk to them, or have any experiences with them.

On 7/30/2022 at 5:55 AM, Daisie said:

Hey @Pixie_the_confused_something Welcome to the Community!

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums, I have read your post and wondered if you'd like to chat things through with one of our Trained Digital Mentors? I'll tag them in so you know who they are and they can reach out with some support or advice for you. @Blondie @Monsoon @Aurora

Look forward to seeing you around, if you need anything in the meantime, please feel free to reach out. 😊

Thank you for showing me them! I will try to reach out if I am having issues :D

1 hour ago, Pixie_the_confused_something said:

Well, they aren't exactly real people or it's fictional character. I cannot date this person, I can't talk to them, or have any experiences with them.

Ah, okay. I'm wondering then, do you think it's different because they aren't real people?

2 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Ah, okay. I'm wondering then, do you think it's different because they aren't real people?

I mean, yeah, as much I want to meet someone actually like that, I don't think I will. At least from the guys from my school, so many of them are just jerks and the ones who aren't and usually attracted to men

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 9:47 PM, Pixie_the_confused_something said:

I mean, yeah, as much I want to meet someone actually like that, I don't think I will. At least from the guys from my school, so many of them are just jerks and the ones who aren't and usually attracted to men

Hey,

It might be that over time, you meet a guy who you can see yourself with and that might be a game changer, but it might be good to just go with the flow and see where your sexuality journey takes you, what do you think? 

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 12:18 AM, Pixie_the_confused_something said:

I never really thought of this, now i'm even more confused😂😅

i would consider yes. they are real crushes but there is a subconscious preference of parasocial relationship here. since the brain cant differentiate whether fiction is reality or not when you feel romantic attraction toward a fictional character its safe to conclude that its an actual crush. you found the character likeable and stuff. a word for it is proculromantic and the sexual counterpart would be proculsexual

Edited by sevan
  • Like 1