Happy rant :)

skrrt    

Lately there's a guy that I really like! We both go to the same SAT prep summer class, and it's usually only us two because our one other classmate is often absent. 

I'm usually an introvert, but I act more extroverted when around other shy people. However he was very quiet, so I struggled to make conversation with him... except he asked for my instagram and we started talking online :) I was worried he didn't like me because of how quiet he was, but it turned out he just feels awkward over people he doesn't know well. We've also been greeting each other before/after class, and even though he expressed still being uncomfortable talking in real life, we've had some short conversations! He also texts me first a lot, which I find nice since I'm the one who started talking to him during class. We're both reciprocating (i think platonic) interest in each other! 

I'm so happy I got to know him hehe ^^We have similar likes/dislikes, and he lets me rant about the things I'm passionate about! For example we both really like dogs, and just yesterday when we were talking he let me show pictures of my friend's dog and rant about animals I saw at the park. He also downloaded a game I've been talking about a lot, and I gave him a couple tips for leveling up quickly :) He joked around with me about how competitive I got about the game too, which was nice to hear since it's something I like. Since we both have a habit of staying up late, he told me he was trying to fix his sleep schedule and I try to remind him to go to sleep. Since another night owl is trying to sleep earlier, it's inspired me to put in more effort into my sleep schedule too! Which he doesn't know yet, but I'll tell him some time in the future~~ 

What else... he sends me pictures of the dog he's watching when I ask, and he finds my reactions funny. He's very caring for the dog which I think is sweet, since he talks about things such as giving the dog a shower or making sure the dog eats his food. Him and one of my school friend's both my league of legends, so he explained to me some parts of the game she always talks about. He's Korean like me and we have about the same level of fluency, so I finally have a chance to talk to someone in my native language!! And someone to talk about Korean food with, and maybe even cooking sometime :D I got comfortable with texting him very quickly, so I can talk to him casually without worrying about weirding him out!! Especially since I can tell he tries to reciprocate my energy in texts, which must be difficult since he has such a quiet/calm personality. I also noticed that we have similar habits, such as using certain emojis or cracking our fingers a lot. And he doesn't mind when I talk with 애교 (aegyo? acting cute?) which makes me feel more comfortable around him :) It's a habit for me to talk in  a higher pitch or take on a coquettish/flirty tone as a joke/to show excitement since it feels more expressive to me. I know a lot of people find it annoying and even I find it cringey in excess, but I don't have to restrain myself which is nice :)) He also told me that the rocks I painted were cool!!! Which I didn't expect since he didn't seem to be interested in art, but it made me feel acknowledged for the effort I put into painting <3

I think I'm just comfortable with myself around him, which is why I like him. I want to do more things for him like giving him a chance to talk about himself (if he wants!), since I do have a tendency to get carried away with my train of thoughts.  I used to entertain myself with the thought that he liked me, but now I can see he is just a very chill/open person and most likely sees me as a friend only. But I'm happy with it as long as we can talk and enjoy things together!! So even though it is a one-sided crush, I am very happy! It feels nice to enjoy the company of someone and feel the joy reciprocated ^^ I don't know how to bring it up yet, but I'd like to ask if he's comfortable with physical affection. He did tell me he likes large dogs since he always wants to hug them, and really likes spending time with/petting the dog he's watching. (If anyone reads this very long post and has any idea on how to initiate these questions, please let me know~) I've heard many times, even from guys that I know, that boys don't get physical affection a lot despite enjoying it. So hopefully he enjoys it, and I can at least pay back some of the happiness he makes me feel! 

I hope we don't lose contact once summer is over, and I hope one day we will be comfortable enough to spend time together outside of class :) End of rant <3

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hallo..
This sounds very cute and AMAZING

and im happy for u (even if ive never met u b4, haha)

u should try giving him a hug without context im sure he'll love it

all poeple need a hug tbh

oh and btw whats the name of the game..!!

On 8/29/2022 at 8:57 AM, Danyaal said:

Hallo..
This sounds very cute and AMAZING

and im happy for u (even if ive never met u b4, haha)

u should try giving him a hug without context im sure he'll love it

all poeple need a hug tbh

oh and btw whats the name of the game..!!

Thank you thank you!! I completely forgot to update but we're dating now ㅠㅠ <3 It's been a little less than 3 weeks..? So about 2 weeks after this post :D

The game is called Cats and Soup, very cute ^^ 

And hugs are lovely :D