Hi! I’m Ari, and I don’t know what I am.

aasaws    

Hi! I'm new to this website and the LGBT community, I think. I've been questioning my sexuality for a while now, and I know I want to be in a relationship (male or female, maybe preference towards females. Again not sure yet.) that doesn't involve sex (if that makes sense). Talking to my family about this is out of the question since I know I would be disowned, but I have asked two of my closest friends for advice. I feel like I can't tell anyone else, what should I do?

Hey Ari!

A huge welcome to Community! So thankful you found this place-- I hope you get the support you're looking for ?

It's great that you have been exploring your sexuality, and are interested in finding a compatible partner.

I don't think it's strange to want a committed relationship with someone that doesn't have sex. That's a completely valid sexual preference. Have you worried about finding someone who would be considerate of you not wanting sex?

I'm so happy that you have support from your two friends. It's so important! We support you, here, too. So glad you can be open with us! Do you hope to tell your other friends and family one day (especially when you might want to bring a significant other home for dinner').

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

I'm a little worried about finding a partner that is okay with my preference, but I don't think I'd be able to tell my family in the likely event that I do date a girl. I fear that keeping our relationship a secret from them would cause us to separate, and I don't want that.