Am I Bi

Sunflowervol6    

Hi everyone! I have a question: how do I know if I’m bi? I’ve been debating this for a while now and I don’t know what to do about it. I noticed it first in 10th grade (I’m in 12th now) as I started to really notice certain girls. Now I just don’t know if I’m bi or not. I would totally date a guy but I also know in my heart that if a girl I find attractive asked me out I would say yes. I also have been having dreams lately about having a girlfriend. However, I don’t want to jump to conclusions or make the wrong decision. Does it sound like I’m bi and if so how do I tell my parents who wouldn’t exactly be the most accepting? Thanks, love u guys

• Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, Sunflowervol6 said:

Hi everyone! I have a question: how do I know if I’m bi? I’ve been debating this for a while now and I don’t know what to do about it. I noticed it first in 10th grade (I’m in 12th now) as I started to really notice certain girls. Now I just don’t know if I’m bi or not. I would totally date a guy but I also know in my heart that if a girl I find attractive asked me out I would say yes. I also have been having dreams lately about having a girlfriend. However, I don’t want to jump to conclusions or make the wrong decision. Does it sound like I’m bi and if so how do I tell my parents who wouldn’t exactly be the most accepting? Thanks, love u guys

Hi @Sunflowervol6, welcome to the Community 🙂. It's great to have you here! I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors. I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. 

It sounds like you're trying to figure out your sexuality at the moment and you're unsure about your feelings. Please know that this is totally normal and it often takes time for us to understand our feelings. You said that you've been dreaming about having a girlfriend but you don't want to jump to conclusions or make the wrong decision. In my experience we never really know if the person we like is a good match for us until we start dating them, if that makes sense. Is there a girl in particular that you like or is it more the thought of having a girlfriend?  

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 7/15/2022 at 5:22 PM, Sunflowervol6 said:

Mostly the thought of having a girlfriend

Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like you've been having these thoughts for a while. Is that right? Can I just ask, what do you think is holding you back from exploring these feelings further? 

Staff-Account.png