I am worried

Animallover299    

First of all thank you for taking the time to read this . It is much appreciated 

I have a chemistry and physics test coming up this Thursday and I am worried because it’s a really important test that decides what class you will be in next year! Any ideas on how to calm my nerves? 
Thank you in advance 

4 hours ago, Animallover299 said:

First of all thank you for taking the time to read this . It is much appreciated 

I have a chemistry and physics test coming up this Thursday and I am worried because it’s a really important test that decides what class you will be in next year! Any ideas on how to calm my nerves? 
Thank you in advance 

Hey!

first off, I am good at chem so if you need help with that, I'm here. Also, before taking a test you should have a calm mentality and don't stress too much, don't over study, get sleep, have a good breakfast, most importantly-study. One way you can calm your nerves is doing some breathing exercises. Your breathing is very important. If you need help- don't hesitate to ask :)

• Thanks 1

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, Animallover299 said:

Thank you in advance 

Hi @Animallover299, I'm Aurora, I'm one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I give advice and support to those who reach out to us.

Exams can be really stressful. I feel you! Some find meditation really helpful to calm nerves. We have some guided mediation videos. Maybe you could give them a go and see if they help?

Here is one to stop you worrying 

This one will help you have positive thoughts and feel good about yourself 

And the final one is to help calm your mind

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

First of all loving the Memoji icon. I must say taking physics and chemistry concurrently must be pretty demanding. Chemistry and physics in particular for me were a lot of work. I'd recommend three things to do to perform at your best come the exams:

1. Practice, practice, practice. You should review your notes certainly, but more importantly is doing the problems that were hard over again and trying to figure out why they were hard, or where you were confused. Learning concepts is crucial for these subjects.  Practice truly makes perfect. Don't believe me: believe Sal Khan:

2. If your teacher is hosting extra study hours, make sure to go, but make sure to come prepared with questions you had when solving the problems above, Any clarity you get from having your teacher(s) resolve any struggles you practicing will be so much more useful than simply rereading/memorizing all of your notes, especially for hard sciences like chemistry and physics.

3. GET SLEEP! This is honestly the most important. It is exponentially more difficult to focus well with 1 hour of sleep vs. a "good night " of sleep (this varies from person to person and between ages but is typically 7-9 hours). The last thing you want to be doing is studying all night the day before the test. 

That's all I got. Best of luck!

• Thanks 1