Not sure of my own sexuality

Marius    

Hello,lately I've been having more and more thoughts about my own sexuality,i do identify as a straight male,but,seeing a lot of bisexual or gay guys on social media,i really started to like their energy,the vibes,I'm aware that's not enough to doubt my sexuality,but,a lot of times i also find myself attracted to male bodies. When i think about dating a guy,I don't feel  ok about the idea,but,i do find myself sexually attracted to them. Does this make me gay/bi? 

10 hours ago, Marius said:

Hello,lately I've been having more and more thoughts about my own sexuality,i do identify as a straight male,but,seeing a lot of bisexual or gay guys on social media,i really started to like their energy,the vibes,I'm aware that's not enough to doubt my sexuality,but,a lot of times i also find myself attracted to male bodies. When i think about dating a guy,I don't feel  ok about the idea,but,i do find myself sexually attracted to them. Does this make me gay/bi? 

It could be. I think it takes time to figure yourself out and it may be confusing. You don't have to use labels if that doesn't make you comfortable, either way you will always be valid!! In my opinion, finding the same-sex sexually attractive is definitely a sign and you should definitely look deeper into that. Hope that helped :)

7 hours ago, mxhaxnaeem said:

It could be. I think it takes time to figure yourself out and it may be confusing. You don't have to use labels if that doesn't make you comfortable, either way you will always be valid!! In my opinion, finding the same-sex sexually attractive is definitely a sign and you should definitely look deeper into that. Hope that helped :)

Thank you for the reply,been thinking for a while now,i do want to try to see how it goes,only thing is,my family and pretty much most of my friends are really against this idea,anytime we talk about it,they seem really against it,so them finding out that i'm even thinking about it,really scares me. I'm well aware that if they love me they will accept it,if that's the case,but I'm still a bit scared.

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Marius said:

Thank you for the reply,been thinking for a while now,i do want to try to see how it goes,only thing is,my family and pretty much most of my friends are really against this idea,anytime we talk about it,they seem really against it,so them finding out that i'm even thinking about it,really scares me. I'm well aware that if they love me they will accept it,if that's the case,but I'm still a bit scared.

Hi @Marius. Welcome to the Community 😀. It's great to have you here. I'm Aurora and I'm one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I offer support and advice to those who reach out to us. @mxhaxnaeem  has already given some great advice. 

I totally understand that you are scared of telling your friends and family. It's a big step. But I'm really glad that you know that they will accept you for who you are! It might just take a little bit of time. Please know, that there is no rush and don't feel pressured into telling anyone if you're not ready yet. This is your journey and it's really important that you do what feels right for you. It sounds like you're still figuring things out at the moment so maybe you're not quite ready yet. Or maybe you do want to talk to someone about it. In that case, can you think of someone who you trust and who would support you? Whatever you decide, please know that we're here for you!

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Marius said:

Yeah, I feel you. My family is extremely homophobic too. But, your decisions are more important, your happiness matters. I suggest continue to see how it goes without telling anyone until you feel you're ready,if that makes sense-hope that helped :)