Hi!, I'm new to this site

Angusaya    

Name: Anthony.

Pronouns: He/Him.

Hobby: Geek stuff.

I have a precious dog named Mia, she always makes me smile.

I found this community and it got me interested, I have low self-esteem, I'm really insecure about a lot of things, I'm shy and I let my fears and insecurities take control over my actions, thougts and state of mind in general. So I thought about joining and finding advice to change and improve as a person... and maybe finding friends 😅.

Thanks Harper for the tips to write my introduction. 😁

• Like 1

Hey,

My name is Paris 

I’m from England,

My pronouns are they/them 

I play piano a little and take my dogs (Bella and molly) on walks I love reading, maybe not the smartest person at school. 

I’m always here to talk if you need a friend or just to have to talk about anything.. I also came here to just let anything out really and help people out I guess 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Angusaya said:

I found this community and it got me interested, I have low self-esteem, I'm really insecure about a lot of things, I'm shy and I let my fears and insecurities take control over my actions, thougts and state of mind in general. So I thought about joining and finding advice to change and improve as a person... and maybe finding friends 😅.

Hey,

Welcome - it's great to have you here :)

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. Would you like to tell me more about what you would specifically like to improve on? :) 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 hours ago, Pkelly said:

Hey,

My name is Paris 

I’m from England,

My pronouns are they/them 

I play piano a little and take my dogs (Bella and molly) on walks I love reading, maybe not the smartest person at school. 

I’m always here to talk if you need a friend or just to have to talk about anything.. I also came here to just let anything out really and help people out I guess 

Thank you!,  Nice to meet you, I'm sure we'll get along 😁,  I think you have awesome hobbies, I practiced piano for a very short time and practically dind't learn anything, and because of my bad habits I stopped reading, but I want to start reading again soon (right now I'm kinda busy trying to get into university).

And because I don't have much people to talk I always end up messing up my words because I have a lot of Ideas that wanna come out of my mouth haha 😅, so sorry If I say dumb things or I don't make sense, I can't even communicate in my own language haha.

Again, nice to meet you and you said before you weren't the smartest person in school, I'm sure that's not true.

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Welcome - it's great to have you here :)

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. Would you like to tell me more about what you would specifically like to improve on? :) 

I have trouble with my insecurities and self esteem, I had anger issues before but I've dealt with that and I don't get angry all the time, right now self esteem is the most important issue, when I have bad thoughts I get drowned in them and let them control my life and when that happens my attitude changes completely, and I become hopeless. And I hve to admit that I feel lonely.

Also, thanks for the welcome, I really like this forum! 😁.

• Like 1

Hi, my name is Vivi. Im from Alabama, my pronouns are she/her. 

Welcome to the community.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VIVIEN_ said:

Hi, my name is Vivi. Im from Alabama, my pronouns are she/her. 

Welcome to the community.

Hi, Vivi, nice to meet you!

1 hour ago, Angusaya said:

Thank you!,  Nice to meet you, I'm sure we'll get along 😁,  I think you have awesome hobbies, I practiced piano for a very short time and practically dind't learn anything, and because of my bad habits I stopped reading, but I want to start reading again soon (right now I'm kinda busy trying to get into university).

And because I don't have much people to talk I always end up messing up my words because I have a lot of Ideas that wanna come out of my mouth haha 😅, so sorry If I say dumb things or I don't make sense, I can't even communicate in my own language haha.

Again, nice to meet you and you said before you weren't the smartest person in school, I'm sure that's not true.

Oh good luck with University that’s okay  you’ll get used to it in the end!!

im sure you can you just have to believe in yourself a little. Nice to meet too btw  it’s soo true I literally picked my options for GCSE and they have to lower it down to 3 subjects to fit some extra English 😂  but that’s me I guess!!!

1 hour ago, Pkelly said:

Oh good luck with University that’s okay  you’ll get used to it in the end!!

im sure you can you just have to believe in yourself a little. Nice to meet too btw  it’s soo true I literally picked my options for GCSE and they have to lower it down to 3 subjects to fit some extra English 😂  but that’s me I guess!!!

Thanks, good luck with school!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Angusaya said:

I have trouble with my insecurities and self esteem, I had anger issues before but I've dealt with that and I don't get angry all the time, right now self esteem is the most important issue, when I have bad thoughts I get drowned in them and let them control my life and when that happens my attitude changes completely, and I become hopeless. And I hve to admit that I feel lonely.

Also, thanks for the welcome, I really like this forum! 😁.

Hey,

I'm glad to hear you like the forum and that you've been able to deal with your anger issues. What do you think helped you to work through it? There might be something in that which will help you to work through the difficulties with your self-esteem. 

47 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I'm glad to hear you like the forum and that you've been able to deal with your anger issues. What do you think helped you to work through it? There might be something in that which will help you to work through the difficulties with your self-esteem. 

Well, what helped me control my anger and practically erase it from interactions with my family (which suffered my screams and my tantrums) was being more understanding of what others had to say to me and not to talk back to whoever was saying things that bothered me, and see whatever situation we were from their perspective. 

And when I get angry ooutside a conversation, I just breathe and tell myself It's not worth the energy to get mad. But usually the situations when I get really angry is when I'm alone and get frustrated with myself, and those moments are really hard to deal with, because I can't find reasons not to get mad at myself.

On 7/1/2022 at 5:58 PM, Angusaya said:

Hello welcome to the Community ❤❤

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 12:03 PM, Angusaya said:

Well, what helped me control my anger and practically erase it from interactions with my family (which suffered my screams and my tantrums) was being more understanding of what others had to say to me and not to talk back to whoever was saying things that bothered me, and see whatever situation we were from their perspective. 

And when I get angry ooutside a conversation, I just breathe and tell myself It's not worth the energy to get mad. But usually the situations when I get really angry is when I'm alone and get frustrated with myself, and those moments are really hard to deal with, because I can't find reasons not to get mad at myself.

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing this. It sounds like when you get angry, you do something to create space between the emotion and response. You take time by breathing so that you can almost talk yourself down, does that make sense? Would you say it's fair for me to say that? 

On 7/4/2022 at 9:15 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing this. It sounds like when you get angry, you do something to create space between the emotion and response. You take time by breathing so that you can almost talk yourself down, does that make sense? Would you say it's fair for me to say that? 

It makes sense for me, sometimes I get angry by little things and I try to calm down, because I know that the things that bother me shouldn't bother me. 

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy.

10 hours ago, Angusaya said:

It makes sense for me, sometimes I get angry by little things and I try to calm down, because I know that the things that bother me shouldn't bother me. 

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy.

Hey,

I'm wondering then, could it be helpful to try creating that space to reflect when you have a negative thought about yourself? You could try to calm yourself down, do something nice, and have a positive conversation with yourself where you talk yourself down from the ledge in a way. What do you think? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 6:06 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I'm wondering then, could it be helpful to try creating that space to reflect when you have a negative thought about yourself? You could try to calm yourself down, do something nice, and have a positive conversation with yourself where you talk yourself down from the ledge in a way. What do you think? 

That sounds hard but I'll try.