I’m questioning my sexuality and want outside opinions please

Sqwiggles    

So basically my whole life I have identified as Bisexual but after my last relationship I’m now questioning. I’ll give all the info in a short form, I have had much more crushes on females then males but have only even been in relationships with males. But kissing males has always kind of grossed me out so I never kissed any until my recent ex and after being with him I don’t think I’m actually attracted to males and might be lesbian. The thing is I don’t want to label myself as lesbian because I don’t want to be mistaken and get judged if I change my mind. I’m pretty sure i don’t have interest in men. I’m just pretty confused on where I set within the sexualities and it’s stressing me out not knowing for some reason.

• Ditch the Label Staff
4 hours ago, Sqwiggles said:

So basically my whole life I have identified as Bisexual but after my last relationship I’m now questioning. I’ll give all the info in a short form, I have had much more crushes on females then males but have only even been in relationships with males. But kissing males has always kind of grossed me out so I never kissed any until my recent ex and after being with him I don’t think I’m actually attracted to males and might be lesbian. The thing is I don’t want to label myself as lesbian because I don’t want to be mistaken and get judged if I change my mind. I’m pretty sure i don’t have interest in men. I’m just pretty confused on where I set within the sexualities and it’s stressing me out not knowing for some reason.

Hey there, I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors. Welcome to community!

It's really common to be pretty fluid in attractions over the course of our lives. If you now identify as lesbian that doesn't in any way invalidate your 'previous' bisexual identity - it's all valid.

It's also common to find that attractions can vary if you are bi, so you may find that some periods of your life you're more attracted to females and another time it might be males.

Either way, this is your journey and you don't have to justify or explain it to others. I'd allow yourself some time to see how you feel.

How does that sound? 

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

8 hours ago, Sqwiggles said:

I feel like a lot of people have been there and no matter what you identify as you will always be valid! :) but I do understand where you are coming from whereas you don't want to be judged when labeling yourself as a lesbian. This is a choice that only YOU can make and do what your heart desires!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, mxhaxnaeem said:

I feel like a lot of people have been there and no matter what you identify as you will always be valid! :) but I do understand where you are coming from whereas you don't want to be judged when labeling yourself as a lesbian. This is a choice that only YOU can make and do what your heart desires!

Thank you this has put my mind at ease abit :)

4 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hey there, I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors. Welcome to community!

It's really common to be pretty fluid in attractions over the course of our lives. If you now identify as lesbian that doesn't in any way invalidate your 'previous' bisexual identity - it's all valid.

It's also common to find that attractions can vary if you are bi, so you may find that some periods of your life you're more attracted to females and another time it might be males.

Either way, this is your journey and you don't have to justify or explain it to others. I'd allow yourself some time to see how you feel.

How does that sound? 

Thank you reading that has helped me understand alot more and stress less :)

• Like 1