This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

I wish I was beautiful

jennifer28    

I'm 22 (F) and it feels so so annoying when guys ask "who's that hot girl who was beside you ? Is she single ? She is my crush" .. really lowers my self esteem,makes me secretly hate on that innocent girl,depresses and disappoints me when all they ever want with me is sex and not a relationship. Some days I'm like ugh fuck love I don't need a man but when I see these couples at work or guys asking about other girls and not about me it saddens me and my brain keeps telling me "it is because you're ugly" ... and the saddest part is that I can't even change the way I look or get someone to crush on me ... I hate the way I look . Yes I'm slim and I like my figure but my face is what I hate the most ... I just want to enjoy my youth doing things I love but having someone who had eyes only for me wouldn't be too bad  .. but I guess because of my appearance I will always be that girl who will be asked about other chicks but not for me .. it feels like I am  asking for too much wanting a little love ..  I wish I was the most beautiful girl in  the room ... I feel pathetic even writing this but I just can't take it anymore ...

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.
15 hours ago, jennifer28 said:

I'm 22 (F) and it feels so so annoying when guys ask "who's that hot girl who was beside you ? Is she single ? She is my crush" .. really lowers my self esteem,makes me secretly hate on that innocent girl,depresses and disappoints me when all they ever want with me is sex and not a relationship. Some days I'm like ugh fuck love I don't need a man but when I see these couples at work or guys asking about other girls and not about me it saddens me and my brain keeps telling me "it is because you're ugly" ... and the saddest part is that I can't even change the way I look or get someone to crush on me ... I hate the way I look . Yes I'm slim and I like my figure but my face is what I hate the most ... I just want to enjoy my youth doing things I love but having someone who had eyes only for me wouldn't be too bad  .. but I guess because of my appearance I will always be that girl who will be asked about other chicks but not for me .. it feels like I am  asking for too much wanting a little love ..  I wish I was the most beautiful girl in  the room ... I feel pathetic even writing this but I just can't take it anymore ...

Hi @jennifer28, welcome to the Community 😀. It's lovely to have you here. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I give advice and support to those that reach out to us. 

Thank you so much for opening up about how you feel. Please know that you are not alone! A lot of us feel exactly the same. The most important thing  is that you are safe. I therefore just wanted to ask, when you say "I just can't take it anymore" what do you mean by that? Are you having any suicidal thoughts? 

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...

me too dude. all my friends are getting hitted on, having boyfriends and then there's me. i don't want to admit it, but I crave male validation. i know catcalling is horrible, but when they tell me about how many dudes called them beautiful on the street, it just makes me feel ugly. if i feel ugly, then i feel unlovable and it's a hole cycle of feelings repeating and i'm getting depressed.

Nothing crushed my self esteem as hard as when some dude called me ugly as f!ck  anonimously. He said that he saw me on the street, and that if I am that ugly, I should never get out of the house. Why are people so cruel?

• Digital Mentor
On 7/6/2022 at 8:29 PM, Anastasia said:

me too dude. all my friends are getting hitted on, having boyfriends and then there's me. i don't want to admit it, but I crave male validation. i know catcalling is horrible, but when they tell me about how many dudes called them beautiful on the street, it just makes me feel ugly. if i feel ugly, then i feel unlovable and it's a hole cycle of feelings repeating and i'm getting depressed.

Nothing crushed my self esteem as hard as when some dude called me ugly as f!ck  anonimously. He said that he saw me on the street, and that if I am that ugly, I should never get out of the house. Why are people so cruel?

Hi @Anastasia, welcome to the Community 🙂. I'm Aurora, one of the support mentors here and I give support and advice here at Ditch the Label. Thank you for commenting and for opening up about how you feel and what happened to you. I'm sorry you had to experience that. Can I just ask, when you say he called you it anonymously,  was that online? What a horrible thing to happen to you. Please know, that  in order for someone say something like that, they must have been very unhappy with themselves . This was in no way a reflection on you and not true at all!! 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.
On 6/27/2022 at 1:19 PM, Aurora said:

Hi @jennifer28, welcome to the Community 😀. It's lovely to have you here. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I give advice and support to those that reach out to us. 

Thank you so much for opening up about how you feel. Please know that you are not alone! A lot of us feel exactly the same. The most important thing  is that you are safe. I therefore just wanted to ask, when you say "I just can't take it anymore" what do you mean by that? Are you having any suicidal thoughts? 

Hi @jennifer28 I just wanted to check in with you and make sure you're OK? 

Staff-Account.png

15 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Anastasia, welcome to the Community 🙂. I'm Aurora, one of the support mentors here and I give support and advice here at Ditch the Label. Thank you for commenting and for opening up about how you feel and what happened to you. I'm sorry you had to experience that. Can I just ask, when you say he called you it anonymously,  was that online? What a horrible thing to happen to you. Please know, that  in order for someone say something like that, they must have been very unhappy with themselves . This was in no way a reflection on you and not true at all!! 

Hi @Aurora, thanks for the kind words! :) Yes, it was on an app called Tellonym. Long story short: it wasn't even on my account. I live in a small town where everybody knows eachother, so every summer someone creates an instagram account with gossips from all over the town with a link to a tellonym account. He (or maybe even she?) posted there. 

• Digital Mentor
On 7/9/2022 at 3:51 AM, Anastasia said:

Hi @Aurora, thanks for the kind words! :) Yes, it was on an app called Tellonym. Long story short: it wasn't even on my account. I live in a small town where everybody knows eachother, so every summer someone creates an instagram account with gossips from all over the town with a link to a tellonym account. He (or maybe even she?) posted there. 

Hi @Anastasia, thank you for clarifying. I'm really sorry this has happened to you. Unfortunately it happens all the time that people say really hurtful things on these kind of Apps, where you can give anonymous feedback.  It's really horrible when it happens but please know that it's not a reflection on you at all! And it's not true either! It's often people, who are  feeling unhappy with themselves, who post things like that. 

From what you were saying before it sounds like you are generally feeling unhappy with the way you look and you're struggling to see your own beauty. A lot of us feel like that and I think we all have insecurities about our looks. I think this is partly because there are so many unrealistic looks and body images shown represented in the media. And as we all spend a lot more time online, it makes us think that we have to look a certain way to be beautiful, even though that is not the case. What do you think? 

I'm wondering, is there anything in particular, you like about yourself? 

Staff-Account.png