I Don't know what to do

Empath Β  Β 

I have this friend that I met technically on the first day of college, also the first person I spoke to. In that first week, things were pretty good between us you know, I thought we could be good friends because well she even asked for my number so I just thought I've met a really good friend. But as time went by, things just got weird between us.Β  Having a conversation with her just got so hard, even walking down the hallway with her was just awkward. It's like we never had anything to talk about, and every time I tried to bring up a topic, she just kinda shuts it out. But we had our moments, there were some great days when she was a good friend but other times, it's like I'm holding onto something that doesn't exist. She even thinks I behave like a child, judging everything I do, and always says it's childish. She calls me childish just because I'm shy. Like is that even right? She's also never invited me to hang out with her no matter how many times I invite her. I just don't know if she's a friend cause I'm sick and tired of the on-and-off friendship. I just want out

• Like 1

I'm in a bit of the same situation right now. It's so so draining becuase one day you're their favorite person and the next you don't exist. It's like, just because we're introverted we get punished for no reason for not always being the life of the party, even though we're such nice people and try so hard to make them happy. It's mentally exhausting to hang out with "friends" like these.

22 hours ago, Empath said:

I have this friend that I met technically on the first day of college, also the first person I spoke to. In that first week, things were pretty good between us you know, I thought we could be good friends because well she even asked for my number so I just thought I've met a really good friend. But as time went by, things just got weird between us.Β  Having a conversation with her just got so hard, even walking down the hallway with her was just awkward. It's like we never had anything to talk about, and every time I tried to bring up a topic, she just kinda shuts it out. But we had our moments, there were some great days when she was a good friend but other times, it's like I'm holding onto something that doesn't exist. She even thinks I behave like a child, judging everything I do, and always says it's childish. She calls me childish just because I'm shy. Like is that even right? She's also never invited me to hang out with her no matter how many times I invite her. I just don't know if she's a friend cause I'm sick and tired of the on-and-off friendship. I just want out

I'm going to tag in @AuroraΒ , @BlondieΒ and @Monsoon, who are trained digital mentors, so that they can help you

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 6/26/2022 at 4:01 AM, Empath said:

Hi there, it does sound like this isn't a good match - and that's okay. It's actually very healthy to recognise this and assert boundaries. I guess there are 2 ways to do it -either you have a chat and call time on it or just gradually reduce the amount of time you spend together and start building other friendships which are better for you. How does that sound?

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

11 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hi there, it does sound like this isn't a good match - and that's okay. It's actually very healthy to recognise this and assert boundaries. I guess there are 2 ways to do it -either you have a chat and call time on it or just gradually reduce the amount of time you spend together and start building other friendships which are better for you. How does that sound?

I actually think that's a great idea. I'm not really good at talking to people about my feelings so I'll go with option two ( spend less time together). Already started working on that some time back

Thank you

• Ditch the Label Staff
8 hours ago, Empath said:

I actually think that's a great idea. I'm not really good at talking to people about my feelings so I'll go with option two ( spend less time together). Already started working on that some time back

Thank you

Let us know how you get on and we’re here if you need us!

Staff-Account.png