Should I leave my bsf?

bleghteed    

So, I have an issue. My now partner of almost 2 years (we’re doing a break rn so kinda my partner), anyways, they don’t like me talking to my ex. The ex in question is my bsf of 8+ years. Me and this ex dated for a year and a few days. I was never truly in love with this person, i was young and couldn’t differentiate between platonic and romantic. However the person i love now (who ik i love) i’ve been friends with for almost 4 years. My partner now doesn’t like me talking to my ex, gets really upset when i do and have asked me to cut them off completely before. I tried to but i just can’t cut them out of my life. They know everything about me and have been with me through everything. They are in their own relationship and me and them have nothing between us whatsoever. My partner now has been through several toxic relationships and thinks that I might still have feelings for them or something and they like to bring up that “they were there first”. Should I leave my best friend or should I talk to them still? 

(I also see my ex every day except for Summers) 

ty :)

• Digital Mentor
8 hours ago, bleghteed said:

So, I have an issue. My now partner of almost 2 years (we’re doing a break rn so kinda my partner), anyways, they don’t like me talking to my ex. The ex in question is my bsf of 8+ years. Me and this ex dated for a year and a few days. I was never truly in love with this person, i was young and couldn’t differentiate between platonic and romantic. However the person i love now (who ik i love) i’ve been friends with for almost 4 years. My partner now doesn’t like me talking to my ex, gets really upset when i do and have asked me to cut them off completely before. I tried to but i just can’t cut them out of my life. They know everything about me and have been with me through everything. They are in their own relationship and me and them have nothing between us whatsoever. My partner now has been through several toxic relationships and thinks that I might still have feelings for them or something and they like to bring up that “they were there first”. Should I leave my best friend or should I talk to them still? 

(I also see my ex every day except for Summers) 

ty :)

Hi @bleghteed, welcome to the community 😀.  Lovely to have you here.

I’m Aurora, and I’m one of the support mentors at Ditch the Label. I offer support and advice to those who reach out to us. From what you are saying it sounds to me like your partner has trust issues. Is that right? Also, you said that you and your partner are currently taking a break. Do you mind me asking what the reason for the break is? Is it to do with your bsf or something else?

Staff-Account.png

56 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @bleghteed, welcome to the community 😀.  Lovely to have you here.

I’m Aurora, and I’m one of the support mentors at Ditch the Label. I offer support and advice to those who reach out to us. From what you are saying it sounds to me like your partner has trust issues. Is that right? Also, you said that you and your partner are currently taking a break. Do you mind me asking what the reason for the break is? Is it to do with your bsf or something else?

Hi! I don’t mind you asking at all. Me and my partner are taking a break because of lack of communication and we thought that it would be best to work on ourselves and try to overcome all the trust issues (we both have them, just them more so) and become better as people before trying to be together again.