My life so far

Tia    

Hello Everyone,

I'm Tia and well I never really thought that I was important. Even though as humans we grow and change, we are never the person we once were. The one thing I've noticed though is that even when I change, I feel like I'm trapped in a loop. One that somehow stays the same as it changes. Essentially even though I don't like change, as I change and move, I still feel sedentary. I'm about to be a sophomore in high school time from where I'm standing goes both fast and slow. I don't know where I fit anymore. In a way I'm lost, sometimes I feel as if I should live the life others want for me or the way I want to live my life. All I know is that I have no idea how or where to live it.  I've always been independent but since I'm getting closer to the freedom, I once longed for the more, I fear. I wonder what happened to the free little girl I once was. Stability was once boring for me but know more than ever I pray for a stable life. Sometimes I just want to cry while being held by someone, but a part of me can't because I'm scared to let go. All of my friends think I have the "perfect life", but my life is far from it. Honestly, it's tiring being me, sometimes I just think it's me being the issue. 

Even though to some people this might be too much for my first post on here I really just needed to vent. If you happen to read this, feel free to comment if you feel the same way or just your thoughts.

- Tia 

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @Tia How are you? 😊

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the Forums, I read your post and I just wanted to let you know that if you ever wanted to talk things through with a Trained Digital Support Mentors then they would be more than happy to offer support and advice. I will tag them in so you know who they are. @Monsoon & @Aurora
With that said, we do have an amazing Community who often share their stories and can offer advice if they can relate too.  😊

If you do need anything, please feel free to give me a shout! 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
7 hours ago, Tia said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm Tia and well I never really thought that I was important. Even though as humans we grow and change, we are never the person we once were. The one thing I've noticed though is that even when I change, I feel like I'm trapped in a loop. One that somehow stays the same as it changes. Essentially even though I don't like change, as I change and move, I still feel sedentary. I'm about to be a sophomore in high school time from where I'm standing goes both fast and slow. I don't know where I fit anymore. In a way I'm lost, sometimes I feel as if I should live the life others want for me or the way I want to live my life. All I know is that I have no idea how or where to live it.  I've always been independent but since I'm getting closer to the freedom, I once longed for the more, I fear. I wonder what happened to the free little girl I once was. Stability was once boring for me but know more than ever I pray for a stable life. Sometimes I just want to cry while being held by someone, but a part of me can't because I'm scared to let go. All of my friends think I have the "perfect life", but my life is far from it. Honestly, it's tiring being me, sometimes I just think it's me being the issue. 

Even though to some people this might be too much for my first post on here I really just needed to vent. If you happen to read this, feel free to comment if you feel the same way or just your thoughts.

- Tia 

Hi @Tia, welcome to the community 😀. I’m Aurora and as Daisy kindly explained, I’m one of the support mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. Thank you so much for opening up about how you feel. Can I start by saying that you are important! And you’re really good at articulating the difficulties a lot of us feel/have felt growing up - longing for independence and at the same time being scared by it all. It sounds to me like you’ve not been able to talk to your friends about this. Is that right? Are these feelings something you would like to share with them? Do you think some of them might feel the same?

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png