Just feeling kinda scared and alone

justaconfusedperson    

So for the past 4-5 years I've been having these feelings that I could be anything but straight. I've been growing up telling myself it's not ok for ME to be lesbian, or bi, or anything part of the LGBTQ+ community. I've supported though, of course. But in the last couple of months, I've let these "I can't" thoughts turn into "what if" thoughts.  And I felt like a weight was lifted of my chest. I haven't really liked any person of the same gender, asides from on person, this year. I could definitely see myself with both guys and girls, or any other gender identity.  I'm really scared, though. Of what my parents would say, of what my straight friends would say. The majority of my friends are LGBTQ+, but I'm still scared of what everyone in my life will say. This is my first time posting here but  I'm desperate for advice from you presumably lovely folk <3. 

Advice please? Thanks loves

• Ditch the Label Staff
51 minutes ago, justaconfusedperson said:

So for the past 4-5 years I've been having these feelings that I could be anything but straight. I've been growing up telling myself it's not ok for ME to be lesbian, or bi, or anything part of the LGBTQ+ community. I've supported though, of course. But in the last couple of months, I've let these "I can't" thoughts turn into "what if" thoughts.  And I felt like a weight was lifted of my chest. I haven't really liked any person of the same gender, asides from on person, this year. I could definitely see myself with both guys and girls, or any other gender identity.  I'm really scared, though. Of what my parents would say, of what my straight friends would say. The majority of my friends are LGBTQ+, but I'm still scared of what everyone in my life will say. This is my first time posting here but  I'm desperate for advice from you presumably lovely folk <3. 

Advice please? Thanks loves

Hey there, I’m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

Firstly I think it’s great that you’re open to attractions/relationship with all gender identities so you can really connect with the person.

Your straight friends I’m guessing, know you have friends in the LGBTQ+ community? Have you ever experienced anything negative that would indicate that they’re not allies?

And the same at home - do you think the reaction would be positive if you were to come out?

I’m wondering if something has ever happened to cause these doubts. 

Ultimately you absolutely deserve to live your best life and thrive as your true self.

What do you think?

Staff-Account.png