This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Afraid of sleeping?

Emberfrost12    

I've been having trouble making myself sleep lately, because of a recurring nightmare that just hurts so much. The worst part about the nightmare is that it could come true at any time. It's awful, and the nightmare starts from the moment I close my eyes-not even when I'm asleep- to a while after I've woken up. I've been avoiding going to sleep because of it and I don't know what to do.

• Ditch the Label Staff
10 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I've been having trouble making myself sleep lately, because of a recurring nightmare that just hurts so much. The worst part about the nightmare is that it could come true at any time. It's awful, and the nightmare starts from the moment I close my eyes-not even when I'm asleep- to a while after I've woken up. I've been avoiding going to sleep because of it and I don't know what to do.

Hey there, this sounds really unsettling and it sounds like we need to find some ways to break the cycle.

Can I ask what the nightmares are about if you feel comfortable sharing? We can chat via DM if you'd prefer.

I'm also leaving some good resources below which should help:

50 things if you can't sleep: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/50-things-cant-sleep/

6 steps for your best sleep: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/six-steps-to-the-best-sleep-of-your-life/ 

Staff-Account.png

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.
9 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hey there, this sounds really unsettling and it sounds like we need to find some ways to break the cycle.

Can I ask what the nightmares are about if you feel comfortable sharing? We can chat via DM if you'd prefer.

I'm also leaving some good resources below which should help:

50 things if you can't sleep: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/50-things-cant-sleep/

6 steps for your best sleep: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/six-steps-to-the-best-sleep-of-your-life/ 

Essentially, the nightmare starts off with me and my dad in a car, and then we get into a crash my dad dies in and my mom blames me for it, and then I get thrown out and react like, well, like how someone in that scenario would react, with a lot of sh and suicidal thoughts. And after I wake up, it just hovers in my brain. 

• Ditch the Label Staff
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.
On 6/6/2022 at 8:22 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

Essentially, the nightmare starts off with me and my dad in a car, and then we get into a crash my dad dies in and my mom blames me for it, and then I get thrown out and react like, well, like how someone in that scenario would react, with a lot of sh and suicidal thoughts. And after I wake up, it just hovers in my brain. 

That sounds really distressing. Do you think it relates to anything that’s going on in your life?

Staff-Account.png

My mom and I have been fighting a lot, I guess that may have something to do with it? And I've always had a fear of rejection.

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, Emberfrost12 said:

My mom and I have been fighting a lot, I guess that may have something to do with it? And I've always had a fear of rejection.

It does sound like that might be why it’s going into your dreams.

Are you able to talk to your mom and clear the air?

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Blondie said:

It does sound like that might be why it’s going into your dreams.

Are you able to talk to your mom and clear the air?

Probably not right now, I got in another fight with her last night and we haven’t really talked since that

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Probably not right now, I got in another fight with her last night and we haven’t really talked since that

Ah I see. Always best to wait for the right moment.

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Blondie said:

Ah I see. Always best to wait for the right moment.

Yeah. my mom and I need to have a conversation. I'm going to try to do that asap

• Like 1