Went to my first pride event yesterday day and it was being filmed to be made into a national broadcast

ArtemisArt    

It was called Playchella and the person who organized it is known for doing puppet shows in rural communities he directed a play I was in as well. It was held at one of our local breweries, there was face painting, fashion and drag shows, a puppet show, food, and much more!!! It was amazing I got to attend it with my partner and saw some people I play D&D with there I also got a small pride flag and had face paint put on (it was a pride dragon) it was a very cool experience even though there was protesters out side of the building wanting the event to be canceled ☹️ I hope it happens again next year and that I can go then too!

• Pride 1

Oh! And it was being filmed by PBS to be made into a national broadcast about bringing pride to Kansas and other rural states and communities 

• Ditch the Label Staff
13 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

It was called Playchella and the person who organized it is known for doing puppet shows in rural communities he directed a play I was in as well. It was held at one of our local breweries, there was face painting, fashion and drag shows, a puppet show, food, and much more!!! It was amazing I got to attend it with my partner and saw some people I play D&D with there I also got a small pride flag and had face paint put on (it was a pride dragon) it was a very cool experience even though there was protesters out side of the building wanting the event to be canceled ☹️ I hope it happens again next year and that I can go then too!

I love this! So glad it was good 🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍⚧️

Staff-Account.png

• 4 weeks later...

Ok sooooo I got Togo to a pride March in Lawrence KS while visiting my aunt!!!!! It was amazing soooooo many people being confident and not looking afraid or nervous to be the public about who they are (something that just does not exist on the other side of Kansas where I am from) I even got to join in for a few blocks but not too far though because my aunt broke her ankle and I was there to “help” though I think it was more like she wanted someone to hang out with while her husband was at work we are planning on doing the whole thing next year and hopefully going to take my partner with us too

• Like 1

That's so lovely to hear :)

Do you think this experience has helped with your confidence at all? If so, how? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Yes it has shown me that to be excepted I might not have to leave Kansas entirely 

13 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

Yes it has shown me that to be excepted I might not have to leave Kansas entirely 

That's really positive :)

Can you imagine yourself being happy in Kansas then? 

Maybe although I will probably still have to move if I want to become a marine biologist living in the middle of a containant really isn’t the best place for that

14 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

Maybe although I will probably still have to move if I want to become a marine biologist living in the middle of a containant really isn’t the best place for that

Marine biology sounds exciting - I can imagine you've got a wonderful career ahead of you! 

How is everything else for you at the moment? Do you need support with anything? 

I think I am good for the time being as everything seems to be going well right now 

Okay! If you ever need more support, you know where we are. Take care. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2022 at 10:39 AM, Blondie said:

I love this! So glad it was good 🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍⚧️

How do you get the trans emoji? I really want one