Jump to content

Went to my first pride event yesterday day and it was being filmed to be made into a national broadcast


ArtemisArt
 Share

Recommended Posts

It was called Playchella and the person who organized it is known for doing puppet shows in rural communities he directed a play I was in as well. It was held at one of our local breweries, there was face painting, fashion and drag shows, a puppet show, food, and much more!!! It was amazing I got to attend it with my partner and saw some people I play D&D with there I also got a small pride flag and had face paint put on (it was a pride dragon) it was a very cool experience even though there was protesters out side of the building wanting the event to be canceled ☹️ I hope it happens again next year and that I can go then too!

  • Pride 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh! And it was being filmed by PBS to be made into a national broadcast about bringing pride to Kansas and other rural states and communities 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

It was called Playchella and the person who organized it is known for doing puppet shows in rural communities he directed a play I was in as well. It was held at one of our local breweries, there was face painting, fashion and drag shows, a puppet show, food, and much more!!! It was amazing I got to attend it with my partner and saw some people I play D&D with there I also got a small pride flag and had face paint put on (it was a pride dragon) it was a very cool experience even though there was protesters out side of the building wanting the event to be canceled ☹️ I hope it happens again next year and that I can go then too!

I love this! So glad it was good 🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍⚧️

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Ok sooooo I got Togo to a pride March in Lawrence KS while visiting my aunt!!!!! It was amazing soooooo many people being confident and not looking afraid or nervous to be the public about who they are (something that just does not exist on the other side of Kansas where I am from) I even got to join in for a few blocks but not too far though because my aunt broke her ankle and I was there to “help” though I think it was more like she wanted someone to hang out with while her husband was at work we are planning on doing the whole thing next year and hopefully going to take my partner with us too

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes it has shown me that to be excepted I might not have to leave Kansas entirely 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

Yes it has shown me that to be excepted I might not have to leave Kansas entirely 

That's really positive :)

Can you imagine yourself being happy in Kansas then? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe although I will probably still have to move if I want to become a marine biologist living in the middle of a containant really isn’t the best place for that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

Maybe although I will probably still have to move if I want to become a marine biologist living in the middle of a containant really isn’t the best place for that

Marine biology sounds exciting - I can imagine you've got a wonderful career ahead of you! 

How is everything else for you at the moment? Do you need support with anything? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I am good for the time being as everything seems to be going well right now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
    Search In
    Find results that contain...
    Find results in...
×
×
  • Create New...