Is this normal.

-Leila-    

As you all know I'm in a psych unit for reasons, I have my own room etc but the weather has just changed dramatically and its thunder and lightning, I'm 17 and scared of it. Maybe because I'm away from home but I'm scared of how loud it is. Is that normal.

• Hug 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
7 minutes ago, -Leila- said:

As you all know I'm in a psych unit for reasons, I have my own room etc but the weather has just changed dramatically and its thunder and lightning, I'm 17 and scared of it. Maybe because I'm away from home but I'm scared of how loud it is. Is that normal.

It’s completely normal to be scared of storms. We are actually born with a fear of loud noises. 

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Blondie said:

It’s completely normal to be scared of storms. We are actually born with a fear of loud noises. 

I didn't know that. I'm glad I'm not the only one who experience this. Just hope my anxiety from it goes. 

My sleep was awful. The psych doctor had to give me medication to calm down. Not the best but I had 2 hours sleep so I'm exhausted 

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, -Leila- said:

My sleep was awful. The psych doctor had to give me medication to calm down. Not the best but I had 2 hours sleep so I'm exhausted 

Try and rest up today and nap if you can. Hopefully tonight will be much better.

Staff-Account.png

3 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Try and rest up today and nap if you can. Hopefully tonight will be much better.

Gonna try eat something but not promising then have a nap

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, vega said:

astraphobia

the extreme fear of storms

It's aok I've been there too

Hugs.  I’m not in a psych unit anymore but I still hate the weather

• Like 1