Getting Hate on Social Media

Alice_in    

I need some advice

Recently I've gotten some pretty nasty messages on social media about harmless things that I've posted about. In one of the messages, they mentioned that people are attacking me behind locked accounts and that they've taken screenshots of everything so deleting things won't help.

I know realistically they can't do anything but I'm so terrified and am also scared to even use that account again.

19 minutes ago, Alice_in said:

I need some advice

Recently I've gotten some pretty nasty messages on social media about harmless things that I've posted about. In one of the messages, they mentioned that people are attacking me behind locked accounts and that they've taken screenshots of everything so deleting things won't help.

I know realistically they can't do anything but I'm so terrified and am also scared to even use that account again.

Hello there,

Have you reported their messages? Have you got the screesnhotz yourself as you could always keep them and report them! Also, a better option or the wise option is to block the people who are giving you hate, Have you got q caring person whom you can talk to? Q friend who you can trust, a family member? Obviously were here for you, but just having the extra support is good! Have you checked Childlines website, they have variety of stuff that is what to do when you're being given hate online here's a link, https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/online-mobile-safety/ I hope this helps,

Sending you my love!

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
5 hours ago, Alice_in said:

I need some advice

Hey there, I’m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

I’m sorry this is happening as I know how upsetting this can be.

So I can help you better,  have you blocked and reported the accounts? If the content is still there we can assist with getting it removed if it is abusive or harassing.

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Blondie said:

Hey there, I’m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

I’m sorry this is happening as I know how upsetting this can be.

So I can help you better,  have you blocked and reported the accounts? If the content is still there we can assist with getting it removed if it is abusive or harassing.

It was through an anonymous question asking app kind of like curious cat so I'm not able to block a specific person. I was able to block the same account from sending me hurtful messages so I did but they kept coming because I think its multiple people or the same person is using multiple accounts...

6 hours ago, -Leila- said:

Hello there,

Have you reported their messages? Have you got the screesnhotz yourself as you could always keep them and report them! Also, a better option or the wise option is to block the people who are giving you hate, Have you got q caring person whom you can talk to? Q friend who you can trust, a family member? Obviously were here for you, but just having the extra support is good! Have you checked Childlines website, they have variety of stuff that is what to do when you're being given hate online here's a link, https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/online-mobile-safety/ I hope this helps,

Sending you my love!

I'm talking to a friend about it but I think just thinking about the fact that the link to this anonymous question asking site is still on my profile terrifies me. I have a feeling that these people have already saved the link so getting rid of it now won't stop them from coming either. 

I'm just trying to tell myself that it doesn't matter and these people realistically can't do anything to me but its really hard

10 hours ago, Alice_in said:

I'm talking to a friend about it but I think just thinking about the fact that the link to this anonymous question asking site is still on my profile terrifies me. I have a feeling that these people have already saved the link so getting rid of it now won't stop them from coming either. 

I'm just trying to tell myself that it doesn't matter and these people realistically can't do anything to me but its really hard

Hey there,

Could you inform the site administrator that people could have this link, maybe they can remove it foe good! 

I'm so sorry you feel like this we are here for you, keep reaching out! Sending you all my love xo

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff

It was through an anonymous question asking app kind of like curious cat so I'm not able to block a specific person. I was able to block the same account from sending me hurtful messages so I did but they kept coming because I think its multiple people or the same person is using multiple accounts...

Do you have any screenshots / links that you could share with us so I can look into this for you? I’ll DM you so if you do have them you can share them that way and not on the public forum.

Being sent nasty messages is horrible and especially if it’s anonymous. You said that you are terrified- can you tell me more about that if you feel comfortable? For example, are you worried that something will happen?

Staff-Account.png

I was able to talk to a close friend and my therapist about it so I feel less terrible about it. I think I just need to fully understand that these people can't actually do anything to me.

everyones support on here is also really comforting so thank you

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, Alice_in said:

I was able to talk to a close friend and my therapist about it so I feel less terrible about it. I think I just need to fully understand that these people can't actually do anything to me.

everyones support on here is also really comforting so thank you

I’m glad you have people close to you for support - let us know if you need anything from us.

Staff-Account.png