Questioning my sexual identity

Lightning    

I am currently questioning my sexuality. I think I could be in love with anyone, but I can only remember crushing on males. I do find other genders attractive and I think I would be able to crush on them. However, almost all of my friends are LGBTQ and inclusive of me but I don't know if I feel this way just because I want to fit in or feel special or have a flag or because I wish I were. Even though I don't know yet, could I identify with an unlabeled sexuality?

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @Lightning Welcome to the Community 😀

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums, I really do hope you'll find the forum a safe and positive space. If you need any advice or support we have fantastic Trained Digital Mentors on hand, I'll tag them in so you know who they are @Blondie and so they can reach out with some support and advice.

We also have awesome users within our forum, and perhaps you'll come across other members who have shared similar stories and what helped them. 

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out! ☺️

• Ditch the Label Staff
13 hours ago, Lightning said:

I am currently questioning my sexuality. I think I could be in love with anyone, but I can only remember crushing on males. I do find other genders attractive and I think I would be able to crush on them. However, almost all of my friends are LGBTQ and inclusive of me but I don't know if I feel this way just because I want to fit in or feel special or have a flag or because I wish I were. Even though I don't know yet, could I identify with an unlabeled sexuality?

Hey there, I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors.

It sounds like you are a great ally to the LGBTQIA+ community and a very open person which is great!

It's completely possible to be pretty fluid when it comes to attractions and for some people this can move and shift over their life. Some people identify as pansexual which is the romantic, emotional, and/or sexual attraction to people regardless of their gender. Pansexual people may be attracted to some people and not others, but the gender of the person doesn't matter.

This is your journey and remember there's no rush. 

Staff-Account.png