hi

emm    

hi, I don't know how to use this website. I just don't know what is my sexual orientation and I want to understand what I want, but I think I need help :(

I hope everybody are having a great day

Edited by emm
I don't know English enough :( sorry

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @emm Welcome to the community 😊

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums and I just wanted to send you a warm welcome, we have Trained Mentors on hand to give support and advice. I'll tag them in so you know who they are and so they can reach out @Monsoon & @Blondie

Look forward to seeing you around.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, emm said:

hi, I don't know how to use this website. I just don't know what is my sexual orientation and I want to understand what I want, but I think I need help :(

Hey @emm

Welcome to the DTL community. We can definitely help you with understanding our sexuality orientation and what you want, so you've come to the right place :)

Would you like to tell me more about the feelings you're having around your orientation and what you want? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @emm

Welcome to the DTL community. We can definitely help you with understanding our sexuality orientation and what you want, so you've come to the right place :)

Would you like to tell me more about the feelings you're having around your orientation and what you want?

I've always liked boys and a few years ago I started having feelings for my best friend, but at first I didn't accept it because I had never had feelings for a girl and I didn't know if what I felt was right. Now I know about bisexuality, I've been thinking about it. now i know a girl and i started to have feelings for her but i don't know, i'm very confused about what i feel for her and i don't want to be wrong. I'm so confused.

• Ditch the Label Staff
17 hours ago, emm said:

I've always liked boys and a few years ago I started having feelings for my best friend, but at first I didn't accept it because I had never had feelings for a girl and I didn't know if what I felt was right. Now I know about bisexuality, I've been thinking about it. now i know a girl and i started to have feelings for her but i don't know, i'm very confused about what i feel for her and i don't want to be wrong. I'm so confused.

Hi emm, thanks so much for explaining. Firstly, whatever you are feeling is completely valid (and can feel pretty overwhelming sometimes) but I realise you'd like to be able to know whether this is attraction / romantic feelings or love for a friend. 

When you think about her do you feel love in the sense of she's a great person or do you think about potentially dating or being romantic?

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hi emm, thanks so much for explaining. Firstly, whatever you are feeling is completely valid (and can feel pretty overwhelming sometimes) but I realise you'd like to be able to know whether this is attraction / romantic feelings or love for a friend. 

When you think about her do you feel love in the sense of she's a great person or do you think about potentially dating or being romantic?

I think about a possible date, I want to be romantic with her but I don't know how to start. She confuses me because at first she was very close to me, she hugged me a lot, she was sticky with me and now too, but I don't know if that's because she's my friend and is trying to be friendly or if is looking for something else.

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, emm said:

I think about a possible date, I want to be romantic with her but I don't know how to start. She confuses me because at first she was very close to me, she hugged me a lot, she was sticky with me and now too, but I don't know if that's because she's my friend and is trying to be friendly or if is looking for something else.

In the time you've know her, has she ever mentioned anything about her own attractions? And I wonder if you've ever had chats about different sexual orientations to get an indication of how she feels even in a very general sense? 

Staff-Account.png

On 5/27/2022 at 1:34 PM, Blondie said:

In the time you've know her, has she ever mentioned anything about her own attractions? And I wonder if you've ever had chats about different sexual orientations to get an indication of how she feels even in a very general sense? 

yes, we were talking and she told me is bisexual

• Ditch the Label Staff
11 hours ago, emm said:

yes, we were talking and she told me is bisexual

Usually one person will need to take the lead so I wonder how would you feel about saying "would you like to go on a date sometime?"  

Staff-Account.png

On 5/25/2022 at 7:33 PM, emm said:

Hello, Emm. Welcome to the community, I see the mentors have been in touch but won't say much more but, I am pleased you've joined us, we are here to support you, we are a supportive young people community who are here for one another, sending you much love,

Leila x