Greetings All!

Candlewick    

Candlewick was a nickname given to me by a boy in my 9th Grade Geography class. I’ve always been rather skinny, which is something he enjoyed teasing me about. I never felt bullied, as I didn’t believe he meant any harm, but it did make me kind of uncomfortable. Overtime, however, I was able to embrace the moniker, which, I guess, spoiled the fun of using it, as he eventually stopped addressing me that way. As a member of the Ditch The Label forum community, I’ve decided to readopt Candlewick as my display name. It just seemed proper somehow.
With that, uh, hello everyone. I’m Candlewick.

My interests include cheesy horror films, professional wrestling, badminton, biology, and comics/graphic novels. 
I’m currently looking into going to college for makeup effects art.

Edited by Candlewick

• Candlewick changed the title to Greetings All!

Hey there,

Welcome to the community :) 

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I love that you've reclaimed the name Candlewick; I think that it can be really powerful if you take something that was used to tease you and claim it as your own - go you.

How is everything for you at the moment? Would you like support with anything? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Welcome to the community :) 

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I love that you've reclaimed the name Candlewick; I think that it can be really powerful if you take something that was used to tease you and claim it as your own - go you.

How is everything for you at the moment? Would you like support with anything? 

It’s a pleasure to meet you, sir! 
Generally, things are going well. In this moment, I’d say I’m content. I did come here because I’m seeking support though, yes. I’m just not sure where to begin.
I have a lot of complicated thoughts and feelings dwelling upstairs. When they rear their heads, it can hurt. When they really start bugging me, I have a friend I’ll mention them to. Often, she can relate to them. Or, if she doesn’t, I’m never afraid she’ll find them strange and cast judgement. With her, I feel truly heard. As much as I appreciate her support though, and the relief it provides me, it’s like an acetaminophen tablet. The thoughts/feelings are dampened, but not dealt with. Eventually, they just come back and cause me pain again.

That’s why I came here. To dig through my thoughts/feelings, in the hopes that I’ll find a better sort of relief. If not, perhaps someone else might happen upon them, and be able to get somewhere themselves. After all, that’s what communities are for, right? 

• Ditch the Label Staff

Welcome to the community @Candlewick😃

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums, I ensure the community remains a safe and positive space for all.

Hope you're enjoying the community so far, really look forward to seeing you around! 

15 hours ago, Candlewick said:

It’s a pleasure to meet you, sir! 
Generally, things are going well. In this moment, I’d say I’m content. I did come here because I’m seeking support though, yes. I’m just not sure where to begin.
I have a lot of complicated thoughts and feelings dwelling upstairs. When they rear their heads, it can hurt. When they really start bugging me, I have a friend I’ll mention them to. Often, she can relate to them. Or, if she doesn’t, I’m never afraid she’ll find them strange and cast judgement. With her, I feel truly heard. As much as I appreciate her support though, and the relief it provides me, it’s like an acetaminophen tablet. The thoughts/feelings are dampened, but not dealt with. Eventually, they just come back and cause me pain again.

That’s why I came here. To dig through my thoughts/feelings, in the hopes that I’ll find a better sort of relief. If not, perhaps someone else might happen upon them, and be able to get somewhere themselves. After all, that’s what communities are for, right? 

Hey,

Yeah, you're absolutely right, that's what communities are for! :)

Would you like to tell me about the complicated thoughts you've got dwelling upstairs? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e