Last Sunday

Dywwik    

So I thought it was a good idea to go paddleboarding today after work Sunday evening.
Nope. 
I fell in the fridgid water, I had my safety vest on so my head didn't get wet. Still not enjoyable. Came back on my board. Continued my run... Got too cold I stopped at some point to talk to people on the shore nearby. Came out of the water to talk a bit more. Shouldn't have done that because I stopped moving and my internal heat came down. I left right away after they left back to where I came into the water. The sun was setting so the wind was cold quick. My shirt was soaking wet. By the time I'm back on shore and trying to fold my boat into my bag, I accidentally broke the fin off my boat because my hand were freezing and I have trouble moving my fingers. So I'm not very happy about that. 
Yay! Very great first experience of the year.

I actually laughed and felt happy and joyous going back onto my boat. I knew this sort of thing happens, it just hadn't yet. 
The people I talked to were a group of nuns and brethren that were about to pray, and I prayed with them. That was a good highlight of my ride.  A new fin for my paddleboard doesn't put me in that much det and might actually be a very easy quick fix. Most importantly, after this, I took a semi warm shower to hopefully stop the hypothermia from getting to me. 

• Ditch the Label Staff
2 hours ago, Dywwik said:

So I thought it was a good idea to go paddleboarding today after work Sunday evening.
Nope. 
I fell in the fridgid water, I had my safety vest on so my head didn't get wet. Still not enjoyable. Came back on my board. Continued my run... Got too cold I stopped at some point to talk to people on the shore nearby. Came out of the water to talk a bit more. Shouldn't have done that because I stopped moving and my internal heat came down. I left right away after they left back to where I came into the water. The sun was setting so the wind was cold quick. My shirt was soaking wet. By the time I'm back on shore and trying to fold my boat into my bag, I accidentally broke the fin off my boat because my hand were freezing and I have trouble moving my fingers. So I'm not very happy about that. 
Yay! Very great first experience of the year.

I actually laughed and felt happy and joyous going back onto my boat. I knew this sort of thing happens, it just hadn't yet. 
The people I talked to were a group of nuns and brethren that were about to pray, and I prayed with them. That was a good highlight of my ride.  A new fin for my paddleboard doesn't put me in that much det and might actually be a very easy quick fix. Most importantly, after this, I took a semi warm shower to hopefully stop the hypothermia from getting to me. 

Apart from falling into the cold water - this sounds lovely!

Staff-Account.png