Is a year too early to confess to a demisexual?

TheMasterOfMonsters    

Ok so last year i volunteered to work at an anime convention and on the last night after a panel i met a girl. We start talking (well more like she does and i just make various noises or nod my head to assure that im listening, because im not a very social type of guy) after the con i added her on discord and we've been talking more or less everyday and voice chat Saturday night. Along the journey of getting to know her (and developing an attraction to her as a person along the way, yaaay...) I've discovered that she's demisexual and is generally oblivious to flirting or subtle hints (she admitted that herself). We get along pretty well and I care about her a lot, but am starting to get cold feet. Is a year too early? 

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey there @TheMasterOfMonstersWelcome to the Community!

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums, I read your post and wondered whether you'd feel it's beneficial to have a chat with one of our Trained Mentors? 

I will tag them in so you know who they are and so they can reach out to you. @Monsoon& @Blondie.

• Ditch the Label Staff
12 hours ago, TheMasterOfMonsters said:

Ok so last year i volunteered to work at an anime convention and on the last night after a panel i met a girl. We start talking (well more like she does and i just make various noises or nod my head to assure that im listening, because im not a very social type of guy) after the con i added her on discord and we've been talking more or less everyday and voice chat Saturday night. Along the journey of getting to know her (and developing an attraction to her as a person along the way, yaaay...) I've discovered that she's demisexual and is generally oblivious to flirting or subtle hints (she admitted that herself). We get along pretty well and I care about her a lot, but am starting to get cold feet. Is a year too early? 

Hi there, I don't think a year is too early to say something and from what you've explained it dos sound like you'd need to lead on this. 

How would you feel about saying something during one of your voice chats?

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hi there, I don't think a year is too early to say something and from what you've explained it dos sound like you'd need to lead on this. 

How would you feel about saying something during one of your voice chats?

Howdy, yeah i was thinking about more or less doing that after the anime convention coming up at the end of the month (which is where i first met her so i felt it was the most appropriate) I may just be overthinking, because i have zero experience in this particular field

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, TheMasterOfMonsters said:

Howdy, yeah i was thinking about more or less doing that after the anime convention coming up at the end of the month (which is where i first met her so i felt it was the most appropriate) I may just be overthinking, because i have zero experience in this particular field

I think this sounds like a really good idea! It's good to remind yourself that she's known you for a while now and likes exactly who you are 🙂 

Staff-Account.png