I need some advice

Baddie.gurlll    

I'm bi but I'm scared of telling people because alot of people at my school are homophobic and very judgemental what should I do

• Like 1

Hello!

I too am trying to come out, now the most important thing is that you are ready to come out.

Maybe try telling a small group of people like your friends or people you trust first, that's a start.

You  don't need to tell everyone in your school that your bi, only those who you think deserve to know.

As for the judgement there will always be people judging, and at first it can be overwhelming but you should take pride in who you are,  

But is there anything you are worried about like bullying ?

• Ditch the Label Staff

Welcome to the Community @Baddie.gurlll 😊

i am Daisie a Community Warden here on the Forums and I just wanted to drop by and send you a warm welcome, I also wondered whether you’d like to have a chat with one of our Trained Mentors? I’ll tag them in so you know who they are and so they can reach out. @Monsoon & @Blondie

11 hours ago, Baddie.gurlll said:

I'm bi but I'm scared of telling people because alot of people at my school are homophobic and very judgemental what should I do

Hey there,

Welcome to our community :)

It's completely normal to feel scared at this point; it's totally understandable to fear this kind of judgement, and I really do get it having come out myself. I think that it gets to the point where you have to ask yourself if you're willing to stay in the closet for fear of other peoples' reactions. By being out, even though you may experience homophobia and judgement, there is also so much joy to be found in life when you're out. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e