confused an lost

lonelyandconfusedgirl    

I for the longest time have struggled with my sexuality, I am not sure if I am 100% straight but If I am not Idk what that means I am. For so long I just try and ignore and tell myself I am straight but more recently I can't shake the feeling that I am not 100% straight so like if I am questioning that has to mean something right? I am 20 but I feel like I have no clue as to who I am or who I am attracted to and its scary. 

• Ditch the Label Staff

Welcome to the Community @lonelyandconfusedgirl 😊

I am Daisie a Community Warden and I just wondered whether you’d feel it’s beneficial to have a chat with one of our Trained Mentors? I will tag them in so they can reach out to you and so you know who they are. @Monsoon & @Blondie

12 hours ago, lonelyandconfusedgirl said:

I for the longest time have struggled with my sexuality, I am not sure if I am 100% straight but If I am not Idk what that means I am. For so long I just try and ignore and tell myself I am straight but more recently I can't shake the feeling that I am not 100% straight so like if I am questioning that has to mean something right? I am 20 but I feel like I have no clue as to who I am or who I am attracted to and its scary. 

Hey there,

Welcome to the DTL community and thank you for sharing this with us :)

I've supported a lot of people who have been questioning around your age and they all find it pretty scary, so your reaction is totally normal. I just want to give you some words of reassurance as well in that although it feels tricky now, it won't always be like this; it takes time to figure out who we are, and the truth is, we're always learning, so try to take some comfort in that if you can. It's completely normal to want all of the answers now, but this is a long journey which will involve stepping out of your comfort zone and exploring those parts of yourself. What do you think? Also, yeah, it is definitely something that you're questioning, and it's important to listen to that. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e