My Introduction!!

Pedro (Peter)    

Heyy, I'm new here and my name's Joana. I hope I make friends in here that actually understand what I'm going through, because I doubt people around me would. I'm bissexual, that I'm sure, but still haven't figured it out about my gender and it's actually something that bothers me alot. When I was little and me and my friends played like a family, I would always be the guy,  I really like to dress in a more masculine way and if I could and knew which hairstyle would fit me I would cut my hair short. But then I don't mind wearing feminine stuff and I like some of them, I don't enjoy sports and I also wouldn't like to hang out with boys, so that's why I'm so confused. I don't understand what I'm feeling and it just makes me stress and be sad, cuz I can't tell anyone and I'm about to explode. I have also recently watched Heartstopper, it was really emotional to me cuz I related a lot to Nick, since he didn't know what he was feeling, and the show has me wondering more. So I would apreciate some advice, if some of you would like to share. Sorry about some mistakes in my senteces but english is not my first language. Thank You >3🙄

16 hours ago, Joana7 said:

Heyy, I'm new here and my name's Joana. I hope I make friends in here that actually understand what I'm going through, because I doubt people around me would. I'm bissexual, that I'm sure, but still haven't figured it out about my gender and it's actually something that bothers me alot. When I was little and me and my friends played like a family, I would always be the guy,  I really like to dress in a more masculine way and if I could and knew which hairstyle would fit me I would cut my hair short. But then I don't mind wearing feminine stuff and I like some of them, I don't enjoy sports and I also wouldn't like to hang out with boys, so that's why I'm so confused. I don't understand what I'm feeling and it just makes me stress and be sad, cuz I can't tell anyone and I'm about to explode. I have also recently watched Heartstopper, it was really emotional to me cuz I related a lot to Nick, since he didn't know what he was feeling, and the show has me wondering more. So I would apreciate some advice, if some of you would like to share. Sorry about some mistakes in my senteces but english is not my first language. Thank You >3🙄

Hey Joana,

Thank you for reach out to us. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give support to those who reach out. It sounds like you're quite confused at the moment, and I can imagine that this is quite worrying and frustrating for you; how are you feeling? 

I think in this kind of situation, it's important to think about what you feel your gender is on the inside. I'm wondering, do you feel more male, female, non-binary, or other? That can be a good place to start. You might not have an answer, and it can take a while to understand it, but try to pay attention to what your instincts are telling you at the moment. Speak soon. 

• Thanks 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e