New here and need to vent

Darcy105    

hello friends, I'm new here and I guess I am going through a rough time right now. this is sorta a vent so bare with me. 

I have PTSD, I have had it since I was 13/14  I won't go into too much detail but i witnessed a terror attack local to where i lived.  i was on my way back from school and saw what seemed originally to be a car crash but it was the event that changed me for the rest of my life. it turned out that the terrorists were waiting for someone, a soldier to leave the barracks local to where i lived and they crashed the car into him, killing him. without going too far into it, they killed and mutilated Lee Rigby in front of me and a hand full of others, its difficult to talk about but i haven't been the same since that day. and i doubt i ever will be. im 21 and i dont have any friend's, i have recently been diagnosed with PTSD and Depression. i honestly dont know what to do, the only thing i enjoy is gaming. most my hobbies feel dull compared to gaming. but recently i am burnt out with most the games i play. i guess im looking for someone to understand me or even talk to, i just feel lost and i dont think im over my trauma which is painful considering its been roughly 7 years since it happened, so i guess if you wanna talk let me know.  

Edited by Darcy105

• Darcy105 changed the title to New here and need to vent
  • Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @Darcy105 Welcome to the Community. 😊

I have read you post and wondered whether you’d find it helpful chatting to one of our Trained Mentors? I will tag them in so you know who they are and so they can reach out to you. @Monsoon & @Blondie

10 hours ago, Darcy105 said:

hello friends, I'm new here and I guess I am going through a rough time right now. this is sorta a vent so bare with me. 

I have PTSD, I have had it since I was 13/14  I won't go into too much detail but i witnessed a terror attack local to where i lived.  i was on my way back from school and saw what seemed originally to be a car crash but it was the event that changed me for the rest of my life. it turned out that the terrorists were waiting for someone, a soldier to leave the barracks local to where i lived and they crashed the car into him, killing him. without going too far into it, they killed and mutilated Lee Rigby in front of me and a hand full of others, its difficult to talk about but i haven't been the same since that day. and i doubt i ever will be. im 21 and i dont have any friend's, i have recently been diagnosed with PTSD and Depression. i honestly dont know what to do, the only thing i enjoy is gaming. most my hobbies feel dull compared to gaming. but recently i am burnt out with most the games i play. i guess im looking for someone to understand me or even talk to, i just feel lost and i dont think im over my trauma which is painful considering its been roughly 7 years since it happened, so i guess if you wanna talk let me know.  

Hello Darcy,

Thank you for sharing your experiences here with us. I can imagine that this is incredibly difficult for you to talk to, but I'm really glad you've opened up to us here as this was a really courageous thing to do and I appreciate it.  How does it feel for you to speak about this here? I just want you to know that I am here to understand you and talk this through with you. This is a safe space where you can let it all out without any judgement at all. We are here for you. Take care and speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e