When is it a good time to come out to my parents?

The_Non-Binary_Hooman Β  Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Hello people! I have a quick question: When is it a good time to come out to my parents? Because I have tried to come out a few months ago, But never had the courage to do so. I'm thinking of coming out tomorrow, But it hasn't been decided yet. So...Yeah

Definitely not a time when there’s a lot of tension. My advice is to come out before you go to school (if you walk) or to come out before leaving the house for some other reason. It gives them time to process it before they can react.Β 

5 hours ago, The_Shadow_Demon said:

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Hello people! I have a quick question: When is it a good time to come out to my parents? Because I have tried to come out a few months ago, But never had the courage to do so. I'm thinking of coming out tomorrow, But it hasn't been decided yet. So...Yeah

Hey there,

I think that it can be good to think about how parents might react before coming out, and whether you're feeling ready or not. So, I'm wondering, what do you think about how they'll react and do you feel ready to do it?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

21 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I think that it can be good to think about how parents might react before coming out, and whether you're feeling ready or not. So, I'm wondering, what do you think about how they'll react and do you feel ready to do it?Β 

Well...I think they might tell me that I will go to hell or something like that...And I feel sorta ready...

If you feel ready, I say go for it. And no matter what happens, we’re rooting for you. Good luck!

19 hours ago, The_Shadow_Demon said:

Well...I think they might tell me that I will go to hell or something like that...And I feel sorta ready...

Hey,

I think that in this kind of situation, it's important to think about how safe it is to come out. If you do, is there a chance that you'll be in any kind of danger, like getting kicked out, being abused, or sent to conversion therapy for example? I don't want to put a downer on the situation, I'm just trying to make sure everything is safe and sound, because your safety is our number one priority and we care about you.Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 4 weeks later...

hi im also having trouble coming out. have you come out yet? any other advice than from what i have seen on this?Β