Introducing myself :)

mirent22    

Hello! My name is Mirelly, I’m 22 years old and I’m from Mexico (sorry in advance if I have grammar mistakes). Last year I graduated from university, I studied International Business. I love to listen to music, I often use it as a way to cope with confusing and difficult times. I also love to paint, read, play the guitar, clothes and play video games even tho I’m not so good at it haha. I have a dog, his name is Milo, I love him so, he just turned 2 today. 

Before I explain why I’m here, from what I can remember (I don’t really remember most of my childhood) I’ve known I’m different from a young age, I’ve always been sort of aware of my attraction for men and women but never put a label on my sexuality.

Ok, now, the reason I’m here is because I’m really confused, recently I haven’t been feeling my own person. I just finished watching a show called Heartstopper, I loved it, one of the topics they talk about is the journey of discovering and accepting ones sexuality. I don’t know why but at the end it left me with a gender identity crisis, feeling a certain way (btw I’ve felt like this before but now it’s a constant feeling), it’s a feeling I can’t really explain. For as long as I can remember I’ve always been comfortable being a girl but this and other shows and books have impacted that part of me, I want to be a guy to be in a relationship with another guy but I also like being a girl and date a girl and to be a girl dating a boy. Sorry, all of this probably makes no sense... I’m just so confused. Another thing is that I’ve never wanted to label my sexuality but now I’m confused, I kinda want to but kinda not and now I’m starting from where I started years ago. I don’t know if I’m a bisexual, pansexual or queer. Again, sorry, I’m probably the only one that feels this way. I just really wanted to talk about this with someone, I’m kinda overwhelmed about all this. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mirelly said:

Hello! My name is Mirelly, I’m 22 years old and I’m from Mexico (sorry in advance if I have grammar mistakes). Last year I graduated from university, I studied International Business. I love to listen to music, I often use it as a way to cope with confusing and difficult times. I also love to paint, read, play the guitar, clothes and play video games even tho I’m not so good at it haha. I have a dog, his name is Milo, I love him so, he just turned 2 today. 

Before I explain why I’m here, from what I can remember (I don’t really remember most of my childhood) I’ve known I’m different from a young age, I’ve always been sort of aware of my attraction for men and women but never put a label on my sexuality.

Ok, now, the reason I’m here is because I’m really confused, recently I haven’t been feeling my own person. I just finished watching a show called Heartstopper, I loved it, one of the topics they talk about is the journey of discovering and accepting ones sexuality. I don’t know why but at the end it left me with a gender identity crisis, feeling a certain way (btw I’ve felt like this before but now it’s a constant feeling), it’s a feeling I can’t really explain. For as long as I can remember I’ve always been comfortable being a girl but this and other shows and books have impacted that part of me, I want to be a guy to be in a relationship with another guy but I also like being a girl and date a girl and to be a girl dating a boy. Sorry, all of this probably makes no sense... I’m just so confused. Another thing is that I’ve never wanted to label my sexuality but now I’m confused, I kinda want to but kinda not and now I’m starting from where I started years ago. I don’t know if I’m a bisexual, pansexual or queer. Again, sorry, I’m probably the only one that feels this way. I just really wanted to talk about this with someone, I’m kinda overwhelmed about all this. 

Hey @Mirelly

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out :)

Thank you for sharing how you're feeling at the moment. I can really sense those feelings of being overwhelmed and confused, and I can imagine you're getting pretty stressed out with having this go on in your head. How have you been coping with all of this?

I'm thinking, between your gender and sexuality, which one do you think is making you feel the most overwhelmed? I wanted to ask because it might be good to speak about the more intense one first and then work through the other when you understand that one a bit more. 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi!! Thank you for responding!! Well, I haven’t done much to cope, what helps me is to listen to music, I also did some research about what my sexuality could be but it kinda confused me more. I haven’t talked about this with anyone, not my family nor friends since they don’t know about me being like this. I guess not having who to talk to about this has made it more difficult and overwhelming.

Between my gender and sexuality, I think my sexuality is what’s making me feel more overwhelmed since I taught I wanted to stay as unlabelled but now I’m not sure what I am. 

5 hours ago, Mirelly said:

Hi!! Thank you for responding!! Well, I haven’t done much to cope, what helps me is to listen to music, I also did some research about what my sexuality could be but it kinda confused me more. I haven’t talked about this with anyone, not my family nor friends since they don’t know about me being like this. I guess not having who to talk to about this has made it more difficult and overwhelming.

Between my gender and sexuality, I think my sexuality is what’s making me feel more overwhelmed since I taught I wanted to stay as unlabelled but now I’m not sure what I am. 

Hey there,

Yeah, when we don't have anyone to talk to, it can definitely leave us feeling overwhelmed which is completely normal. I'm glad you've been able to open up to us here; this is a totally safe space, and we will do whatever we can to help you. 

I'm wondering then, would you like to talk through your sexuality first as that's what you think is making you feel more overwhelmed? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, when we don't have anyone to talk to, it can definitely leave us feeling overwhelmed which is completely normal. I'm glad you've been able to open up to us here; this is a totally safe space, and we will do whatever we can to help you. 

I'm wondering then, would you like to talk through your sexuality first as that's what you think is making you feel more overwhelmed? 

Yes, definitely. I would like to talk about my sexuality first, although I don’t really know where to start. 

Hey there,

That's okay that you don't know where to start and that's what I'm here to help with :)

Just going back to what you said earlier then, can you tell me more about the feelings you have towards both men and women? 

Hi!! Sorry it took me so long, life just keeps going on with or without an identity crisis haha. 

Usually I like them for who they are really, I think it’s a little difficult to put it into words but when it comes to men, I like their masculinity but I also like when they’re comfortable being feminine. Talking about women, their beauty attracts me, I like feminine and masculine girls. Whenever I like a guy or a girl it’s because of their eyes, the way they talk, the way their mind works. Well, I’m sexually and sentimentally attracted to both.

Hey there,

Yeah, life does absolutely go on and it doesn't stop for anyone!

I think that you've pretty much answered your questions around your sexuality in your last reply, particularly with the comment 'I'm sexually and sentimentally attracted to both' - what do you think? I guess it's interesting for me as an outsider, because this seems like a pretty clear answer. Speak soon. 

• Thanks 1

Hi!!! 

Yes, you’re right, I pretty much answered my question haha I think writing it, telling someone, re-reading what I wrote and actually listening my words, cleared the air in that aspect :)

Now that I’ve accepted that I am in fact bisexual, whats been troubling me is how do I come out to my family and the people that matter the most to me. I feel I wouldn’t know or find the right words to tell them who I am. 

• Ditch the Label Staff
7 hours ago, Mirelly said:

Hi!!! 

Yes, you’re right, I pretty much answered my question haha I think writing it, telling someone, re-reading what I wrote and actually listening my words, cleared the air in that aspect :)

Now that I’ve accepted that I am in fact bisexual, whats been troubling me is how do I come out to my family and the people that matter the most to me. I feel I wouldn’t know or find the right words to tell them who I am. 

Hey! I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors. 🙂

Firstly, only do this when you are ready - don't ever feel rushed or under pressure. I think a good way to start is to speak to someone one-to-one that you are close with and trust. Tell them you want to share something with them. Doing it this way allows you to not feel like everyone is watching expectantly.

How does that sound? 

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

On 4/27/2022 at 6:14 PM, Mirelly said:

Hiii I'm really sorry that I'm sorta interrupting your conversation and I know I'm just some random person. But I've been reading through this conversation and I can relate so much. after I finished watching Heartstopper for the first time I was immediately in love, but I started feeling this weird feeling. Like I wanted to be a boy in a relationship with another boy. I didn't know what it meant and it was really weird because I've never felt this way before and I've always been fine being a girl. And I was really scared for a while because I thought no one else felt this way before and I was just being weird. But it's so nice and reassuring to know there is someone else out there who feels the same way. I hope that everything goes well for you and I wish you the bestest of luck! :) <3 Thank you so much for sharing

• Like 2

On 5/10/2022 at 4:31 AM, Blondie said:

Hey! I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors. 🙂

Firstly, only do this when you are ready - don't ever feel rushed or under pressure. I think a good way to start is to speak to someone one-to-one that you are close with and trust. Tell them you want to share something with them. Doing it this way allows you to not feel like everyone is watching expectantly.

How does that sound? 

Hi Blondie!!

Yeah! That sounds like a good plan, I think that’s what I’m going to do. Whenever I’m ready I’ll come out.

About who to tell first, there’s actually two people I really trust, my brothers. I want them to be the first to know that I’m bisexual. I hope I find the right words to tell them who I am and I know they’ll understand and support me, then I’ll tell my mom and dad. My parents are the ones I’m the most nervous about telling, well mostly my dad, I don’t know how he’s going to take it, I just hope everything goes okay. 

Thank you @Monsoon and @Blondie for the advice and support you’ve given me throughout these confusing days, I really appreciate it. I’ll share how it goes when I come out <3

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 10:34 PM, Jonesy said:

Hiii I'm really sorry that I'm sorta interrupting your conversation and I know I'm just some random person. But I've been reading through this conversation and I can relate so much. after I finished watching Heartstopper for the first time I was immediately in love, but I started feeling this weird feeling. Like I wanted to be a boy in a relationship with another boy. I didn't know what it meant and it was really weird because I've never felt this way before and I've always been fine being a girl. And I was really scared for a while because I thought no one else felt this way before and I was just being weird. But it's so nice and reassuring to know there is someone else out there who feels the same way. I hope that everything goes well for you and I wish you the bestest of luck! :) <3 Thank you so much for sharing

Hii!!! Don’t worry :) I was nervous about posting how I felt because I didn’t know how people would react, but the mentors were really supportive and I’m happy I shared my experience. It’s really nice to meet someone that’s been feeling the same, it’s nice to know we're not alone because I honestly thought I was the only one. It is overwhelming and scary to feel like that but talking about it with someone really helps. Talking about everything that was going on in my head here, my thoughts, really helped me. I wish you the best and if you ever need someone to talk to about anything I’m here. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mirelly said:

Hi Blondie!!

Yeah! That sounds like a good plan, I think that’s what I’m going to do. Whenever I’m ready I’ll come out.

About who to tell first, there’s actually two people I really trust, my brothers. I want them to be the first to know that I’m bisexual. I hope I find the right words to tell them who I am and I know they’ll understand and support me, then I’ll tell my mom and dad. My parents are the ones I’m the most nervous about telling, well mostly my dad, I don’t know how he’s going to take it, I just hope everything goes okay. 

Thank you @Monsoon and @Blondie for the advice and support you’ve given me throughout these confusing days, I really appreciate it. I’ll share how it goes when I come out <3

Hey,

You're more than welcome :)

Would you like anymore support, or are you good for now? 

• Like 1

Hii,

I think I’ll be okay for now, if anything else happens these days I’ll reach out again. But for now thank you for helping me, it really made me not to feel alone in this :) 

Hope everyone is having an amazing day!!!

• Like 2

On 5/12/2022 at 1:49 PM, Mirelly said:

Hii!!! Don’t worry :) I was nervous about posting how I felt because I didn’t know how people would react, but the mentors were really supportive and I’m happy I shared my experience. It’s really nice to meet someone that’s been feeling the same, it’s nice to know we're not alone because I honestly thought I was the only one. It is overwhelming and scary to feel like that but talking about it with someone really helps. Talking about everything that was going on in my head here, my thoughts, really helped me. I wish you the best and if you ever need someone to talk to about anything I’m here. 

Thank you so much!!!!! :) <3

• Like 1