Introduction

Matt Rice    

Hey my name is Matt. I like to workout, hang out with friends and watch anime. I really don’t have that high self esteem.  I look in the mirror and I don’t like the person that is staring back at me. I wish I could feel otherwise. So I want to know how I could feel better about myself

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi Matt,

Welcome to our community and thanks for opening up. You came to the right place! One of our mentors will check in shortly. 

Harper 😊

Staff-Account.png

43 minutes ago, Matt Rice said:

Hey my name is Matt. I like to workout, hang out with friends and watch anime. I really don’t have that high self esteem.  I look in the mirror and I don’t like the person that is staring back at me. I wish I could feel otherwise. So I want to know how I could feel better about myself

Hey Matt,

Welcome. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give support to those who reach out to us. I just want to thank you for sharing this with us here; it's not easy opening up about how we are feeling, and i'm glad you felt able to come to us. How are you feeling about this at the moment? I just thought i'd check in because struggling with self-esteem can really leave us feeling like a dark cloud is hanging over our head. I hope you're as okay as you can be.  I'm wondering, how long has this been going for? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

For about 2 months now. I keep comparing myself to every guy around me. I always feel now that I am uglier. I wish I didn’t feel this way but I can’t help it

9 hours ago, Matt Rice said:

For about 2 months now. I keep comparing myself to every guy around me. I always feel now that I am uglier. I wish I didn’t feel this way but I can’t help it

Hey there,

That sounds really tough. How are you finding all of this? 

It's interesting that it's been going on for about two months now, and i'm wondering, did something happen around that time that might have kick started these feelings?

It’s been really damaging to my mental health. Ever since my breakup I haven’t really been happy. I’m worried that since I’m not that facially attractive I’ll never find someone again. Any idea how to move past this?

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear about your breakup; it sounds like this has been hard for you. Can you tell me more about how you haven't been really happy? 

It's interesting that you haven't felt facially attractive since the breakup - why do you think that is?