introduction

tacofriyay    

Hi! I'm tacofriyay and my pronouns are she/her. I'm 22 years old and I hope I can be of help of to your problems and thoughts and also getting help of my own troubles. I hope to become a part of this community :)

• Ditch the Label Staff
19 minutes ago, tacofriyay said:

Hi! I'm tacofriyay and my pronouns are she/her. I'm 22 years old and I hope I can be of help of to your problems and thoughts and also getting help of my own troubles. I hope to become a part of this community :)

Hey @tacofriyay Welcome to the community!

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums, and I just wanted to send you a warm welcome 🤗 

We have trained mentors on hand should you ever need any support or advice. 
Look forward to seeing you around!

Hey tacofriyay.

So I'm 14 and I'm bi , and I came out to My Mom's house , but like everyone at my Dad's house is homophobic and I want to come out openly but I'm scared of what my Dad will say and also I worried about what will happen at my sport. So do you have any advice?

19 hours ago, tacofriyay said:

Hey,

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I just saw your other topic, so I'll reply to that one now. Speak soon :) 

9 hours ago, Dean said:

Hey tacofriyay.

So I'm 14 and I'm bi , and I came out to My Mom's house , but like everyone at my Dad's house is homophobic and I want to come out openly but I'm scared of what my Dad will say and also I worried about what will happen at my sport. So do you have any advice?

Hey Dean,

I just thought I'd jump in here and give you some advice if that's okay? 

I'm wondering, do you feel ready to tell your dad? Also, how do you think he might react when you tell him? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

9 hours ago, Dean said:

Hey tacofriyay.

Hi Dean! 

I’m happy for you that you could come out for your mom. How would you feel if you came out to your dad not alone but together with someone you trust as to get support while you do it? 

I feel sort of ready to tell him. I'm just worried that he'll get upset and go off on me about how wrong it is.
But I would feel better if I had a friend or my Mom by me.
Thank you tacofriyay.

4 hours ago, Dean said:

I feel sort of ready to tell him. I'm just worried that he'll get upset and go off on me about how wrong it is.
But I would feel better if I had a friend or my Mom by me.
Thank you tacofriyay.

Hey there,

It's good that you feel sort of ready to tell him, Just remember that there really is no rush, and if you're not fully ready, then that's more than okay. I'm wondering, how likely do you think it is that he'll be upset when you tell him? Also, if he does react badly at first, could it get better over time? This happens a lot and is because the bond between a parent and child is so strong, and that deep love is really so powerful in helping people to become more open-minded and accepting. It might help if you have a look at our support article here: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/my-parents-didnt-react-well-to-me-coming-out/

I think it's more than likely because he's quite religious so it would upset him a little.
But he might accept it over time. I'm not quite sure.

But thank you so much. I think I'll wait until I'm a little older and when I have like my Mom or a friend with me.
thank you. I'll read the article.

On 4/22/2022 at 12:48 PM, Dean said:

I think it's more than likely because he's quite religious so it would upset him a little.
But he might accept it over time. I'm not quite sure.

But thank you so much. I think I'll wait until I'm a little older and when I have like my Mom or a friend with me.
thank you. I'll read the article.

Hey there,

Did you have a chance to read through the article? I'm happy to talk about it with you if you like, but if you're okay for now, just let me know. 

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Yes I did have a chance to read through the article. I'm alright for no but if I do have questions I'll ask. Thank you

Okay! Good luck with everything :)