my best friend is mad at me and they wont tell me why

list    

about 2 weeks ago, my friend started acting kinda weird. we have every class together, but they just weren’t talking to me. and when i would try to start a conversation with them, they would give short answers, like theyre annoyed or mad. when other people talked to them, they respond normally. i was really confused about why this was happening, so i wrote about it in my journal. they ended up reading it, and heres what happened. i told them how what they were doing made ne feel, said to tell me if i did anything wrong, ect. to that, they said “i’ve already told you what you did”. i don’t remember this. they now refuse to tell me why theyre mad, saying “i don’t care if it gets nowhere list, im telling you i’m frustrated, that i’ve already told you, and don’t want to tell you again.” this has been really hard for me especially because  i go to a really bad place when anyone is mad/disappointed in me which they know, and have flat out said they are, and im also autistic so social situations are really hard and confusing for me. so ive kinda been in a constant state of stress for 2 days, and idk what to do.

4 hours ago, list said:

about 2 weeks ago, my friend started acting kinda weird. we have every class together, but they just weren’t talking to me. and when i would try to start a conversation with them, they would give short answers, like theyre annoyed or mad. when other people talked to them, they respond normally. i was really confused about why this was happening, so i wrote about it in my journal. they ended up reading it, and heres what happened. i told them how what they were doing made ne feel, said to tell me if i did anything wrong, ect. to that, they said “i’ve already told you what you did”. i don’t remember this. they now refuse to tell me why theyre mad, saying “i don’t care if it gets nowhere list, im telling you i’m frustrated, that i’ve already told you, and don’t want to tell you again.” this has been really hard for me especially because  i go to a really bad place when anyone is mad/disappointed in me which they know, and have flat out said they are, and im also autistic so social situations are really hard and confusing for me. so ive kinda been in a constant state of stress for 2 days, and idk what to do.

Hey there @list

Welcome. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. 

I'm sorry to hear about the stress you've been under recently; have you been able to do anything to calm down at all? If not, I can support you with this; just let me know. With your friend, have you looked back at your messages at all to see if they have mentioned it there and you've forgotten?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 3/26/2022 at 12:33 AM, list said:

Hey sorry I’m new to this but people suck sometimes especially about voicing what their upset about it could be something you had no control over and they ended up projecting their feelings onto you, I wouldn’t push them to tell but just let them know that when their ready to have a discussion about it or if they need support they know they can come to you. 
in the past this is what has worked for me but do you!