Have you ever lied to a friend and regretted it? I did. WWYD?

Flash Β  Β 

I told her I'm going on holiday with my family in the summer and I'm actually not, I just said it without thinking after she was telling me she was doing the same and now I feel bad. I don't even know why I did it and it was something really small and stupid but now it plays on my mind and whenever I see her I just keep thinking to myself that she must think I'm a liar and has me figured out. Should I just tell her I lied? But if I do will she always think I lie in the future? 😢

Β 

Hey, Flash! I think that longer you keep up a lie, the harder it is to say that it is, in fact, a lie. Do you think that she’d think that if you Β make a mistake, you’ll make it again?

• 1 month later...

idk how much time has passed between that lie and now but just be like "remember that time i said ___ well actually that was a lie and i'm not sure why i lied. i'm sorry." in the grand scheme of things i don't think the lie is too serious but you should respect however she reacts.Β 

• 3 weeks later...

i do it all the time dont know why i guess i just want them to think im so cool it just happens i guess