i came out as bi to my mom...and she's trying to convince me im not bi...what do i do?

maybi ย  ย 

I have a crush on this girl at my school, and I've also had crushes on guys before.ย  I told my mom and she's trying to tell me that i'm just empathetic for my friends (one of my friends is trans and the other is bi) I'm not sure what to do. I was hoping someone older and wiser than i could help. thx!

7 hours ago, maybi said:

I have a crush on this girl at my school, and I've also had crushes on guys before.ย  I told my mom and she's trying to tell me that i'm just empathetic for my friends (one of my friends is trans and the other is bi) I'm not sure what to do. I was hoping someone older and wiser than i could help. thx!

Hey @maybi

Your username is clever - I like it! I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. Can I ask, what did you say to your mom when you came out to her?ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey there @maybi,

Welcome to Ditch The Label,

My name is Elated Homoromantic (but you can call me EH if it takes too long to type my name)

I am one of the Established members here so if you have any questions, worries or anything, you are more than welcome to visit my page and leave me a 'status update' and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Also, don't think that you have to post something every day because you don't, you can jut simply take as long as you need in between each post and don't worry about it being too short or too long, as longs as you say everything that you want to say.

On 1/30/2022 at 4:47 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey @maybi

Your username is clever - I like it! I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. Can I ask, what did you say to your mom when you came out to her?ย 

so, she said that its fine for people to be bi but she said i probably am not bi. romance in general is sort of a sore topic in my house so we've never really talked about it...

Hey there,

Thatโ€™s interesting that she said youโ€™re probably not bi, and Iโ€™m wondering, did she explain why she thinks that? Also, can you tell me more about why romance is a sore topic in your house?ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e