Hello from me!

TE55    

Hey There,

Welcome to the community.

My name is Elated Homoromantic (but you can call me Axel) and I am one of the existing established members and if you ever want to talk to me, just find my page and leave me a 'status update' and I will get back to you when I am able to.

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @TE55 welcome to the Community!

Just wanted to pop a message and send you a warm welcome. I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the Forums, and I ensure the Forums remain a safe and positive space for all. We also have trained Mentors on hand should you need any support advice, I’ll tag them in so you know who they are! @Monsoon & @Blondie

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a shout any time! 

Really look forward to seeing you around. 

19 hours ago, TE55 said:

I am TE55 - with 5, no S!
He/Him
I am from Bulgaria
I have a dog!
I am here, because I can't seem to find real friends irl or online anywhere else.

Hey @TE55

Welcome :)

I'm one of the digital mentors here which means that I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about the difficulty you're having with finding real friends? Have you had friends and then it hasn't gone very well? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 9:02 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey @TE55

Welcome :)

I'm one of the digital mentors here which means that I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about the difficulty you're having with finding real friends? Have you had friends and then it hasn't gone very well? 

Hello all, thanks for the welcoming and sorry for late response, but I had some things to deal with.
With the quarantine and all that I decided to look for friends online. I didn't have many rl friends, because lots of my classmates have been very mean/still are. So I got recommended one app (for finding gaming friends) where you send invites and people may accept them or not and you will be able to talk. Most of the people just added me for the points in there (that are used for buying badges to show of on your profile) but there were some that actually talked back to me. But as the time goes lots of these small people started just randomly blocking me - one day we chat and have fun and the other - can't talk with them. That really frustrated me and I have no idea what I did wrong. I feel i just wasted my time, my emotions... everything!

Hey there. I'm sorry to hear that your classmates are being mean; can you tell me more about what's going on? Also, that's interesting that the people online just started blocking you. What do you think is going on there? 

Well, before the Covid we were in a new class so we didn't get to know each other so well. But most of them were in the same class from before so they talked to each other and not me. And I was talking for before that, they were.. you know - kids are mean and sometimes have stupid ideas and when you aren't okay with them they start to hate you and everyone assumes you are the problem, because they know the other one better...
|Well, i guess some of the people didn't like my company or just got bored or annoyed from me... some also have their own (depression) problems: like a divorce; a broken arm; a member of the family is very sick - that one literally blocked me, unblocked me later and then again blocked me... but most of them are out of nowhere and i think the problem is on me

14 hours ago, TE55 said:

And I just want to find a friend who i can talk to in daily basis... or some friends and talk per days...i guess it is too much

Hey. Yeah, it sounds like they can be pretty mean, and I bet you feel out of place there, is that right? I'm wondering, can you tell me about a time when you felt connected to the class and like you belong there? 

11 hours ago, TE55 said:

Well, bbefore Covid we went to walk in mountains... like 3-4 days of walking

That sounds lovely. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about that time then and what helped you to feel connected to them? 

5 hours ago, TE55 said:

We just talked along the way. It was long walks - all day! Now we don't really have time to talk. The breaks are too short and after school we go in different ways

Hey. Is there a way you can speak with the ones you like outside of school more? 

The ones that are outside of  school are my online friends... Some of them are sad, like me, and don't use social medias so much, some of them are busy, so i barely talk with anyone there

10 hours ago, TE55 said:

The ones that are outside of  school are my online friends... Some of them are sad, like me, and don't use social medias so much, some of them are busy, so i barely talk with anyone there

Hey. Can you arrange to meet up with them for a time when they're not busy? That could be a good way of developing the friendships :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 11:00 AM, TheOriginalAxel said:

if you ever want to talk to me, just find my page and leave me a 'status update' and I will get back to you when I am able to.

I have no idea how (if i can even) to do status update...

18 hours ago, TE55 said:

We met on a birthday party. It is just that we usually don't talk much outside of school - online. And they feel like school friends...

Hey,

I'm wondering, have you seen our support guide here? 5 Ways to Make New Friends (ditchthelabel.org)

If not, maybe you can have a look and let me know what you think? Speak soon! 

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, TE55 said:

i checked it, it is helpful.

Hello

Hey there,

That's great. Would you like anymore tips/advice, or are you good for now?

On 3/31/2022 at 8:56 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

Pretty good. Hbu?

Okay, I guess..

On 4/1/2022 at 1:25 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That's great. Would you like anymore tips/advice, or are you good for now?

Well, are there any tips for online friendship?