Feeling shaken up after a car crash

TheOriginalAxel    

Hey everyone. I am writting this to let you know that I was in a crash today but I want you to know that both me and my nan (who was driving) are both ok, however, I am a bit shaken up after the whole thing happened becuase if we were going slightly faster the other driver would have gone straight into my door and I would probably be in hospital right now but thank the lord that neither of us are injured. Although I can't say the same about the car :)

23 minutes ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

Hey everyone. I am writting this to let you know that I was in a crash today but I want you to know that both me and my nan (who was driving) are both ok, however, I am a bit shaken up after the whole thing happened becuase if we were going slightly faster the other driver would have gone straight into my door and I would probably be in hospital right now but thank the lord that neither of us are injured. Although I can't say the same about the car :)

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear you were in an accident, but also glad to learn that you're okay. How are you both feeling? I can see you said about feeling a bit shaken up, so I hope you can have a relaxing day and look after yourself. Maybe you could do something you enjoy, or have a treat? :) 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

We are both feeling fine although my nan now has an achy wrist

Hey there,

Thats good to hear. What happened to the person/people in the other car? Are they all okay? 

42 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thats good to hear. What happened to the person/people in the other car? Are they all okay? 

yeah the other driver is ok but the strange thing is there was no damage to his van

On 1/12/2022 at 1:02 PM, Elated Homoromantic said:

yeah the other driver is ok but the strange thing is there was no damage to his van

Hey there,

Oh, that is strange! I wonder how that happened?

Some cars are made out of different materials. Some metals are harder than another and would bend the weaker metal. Thats what I think happened.

19 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Some cars are made out of different materials. Some metals are harder than another and would bend the weaker metal. Thats what I think happened.

Good point! 

4 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Good point! 

I agree but the thing is it was the plastic bumper of the van that hit the car and I am confused as to how it did not break

23 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I agree but the thing is it was the plastic bumper of the van that hit the car and I am confused as to how it did not break

Yeah, it is pretty confusing, but it's good that everyone is alright! :) 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Yeah, it is pretty confusing, but it's good that everyone is alright! :) 

Yh, it is just a shame that my nan's cigarette lighter fuse blew otherwise we would have had dashcam footage

11 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

Yh, it is just a shame that my nan's cigarette lighter fuse blew otherwise we would have had dashcam footage

Hey,

Ah, that's frustrating! By the way, is your nan's wrist any better? 

17 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Ah, that's frustrating! By the way, is your nan's wrist any better? 

Yeah it is but we are planning on claiming compensation because it has had an effect on my mental health

50 minutes ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

Yeah it is but we are planning on claiming compensation because it has had an effect on my mental health

Hey there,

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. What kind of impact has it had on you? How have you been feeling?

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. What kind of impact has it had on you? How have you been feeling?

It has been making me panic whenever I go past where it happened because I feel like it is going to happen again.

22 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

It has been making me panic whenever I go past where it happened because I feel like it is going to happen again.

Hey there,

Yeah, I think that's a pretty normal response, and with things like this, the more you see that spot where it happened, the more you will be able to cope with it. What do you think? Does the panic stick around for long, or does it go quite quickly?

1 minute ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I think that's a pretty normal response, and with things like this, the more you see that spot where it happened, the more you will be able to cope with it. What do you think? Does the panic stick around for long, or does it go quite quickly?

It only occurs when I am in the area where it happened and that is for like a split second at most

3 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

It only occurs when I am in the area where it happened and that is for like a split second at most

Hey there,

Yeah, that's completely understandable and totally expected. I think that it will completely pass soon and it sounds like you're dealing with it well; what do you think?