How can I come out?

Mad_Max    

I want to come out to my family so bad, being in the closet honestly sucks. Almost my entire family is super homophobic, and I wish they weren't- 

I've come out to my aunt, sister, and friends. That's about it. I want to be able to talk to my mom about people I like because that's what mothers do with their daughters- but I can't. Because she always asks about boys and I wish I could tell her it's a girl. But I never do. Is there a way I can come out to her without making it hard for anyone?

• Ditch the Label Staff
7 hours ago, Mad_Max said:

I want to come out to my family so bad, being in the closet honestly sucks. Almost my entire family is super homophobic, and I wish they weren't- 

I've come out to my aunt, sister, and friends. That's about it. I want to be able to talk to my mom about people I like because that's what mothers do with their daughters- but I can't. Because she always asks about boys and I wish I could tell her it's a girl. But I never do. Is there a way I can come out to her without making it hard for anyone?

Hey, I'm so sorry that you're in a situation like this. Everyone should of course be free to be themselves, especially with our loved ones. One way that might work is to do this with the support of your Aunt and/or sister. They can help buffer any issues and you importantly, feel supported.

Do you think this could be a possibility?

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hey, I'm so sorry that you're in a situation like this. Everyone should of course be free to be themselves, especially with our loved ones. One way that might work is to do this with the support of your Aunt and/or sister. They can help buffer any issues and you importantly, feel supported.

Do you think this could be a possibility?

I do think that could help. I know I have full support from my aunt as well as my sister. 

I also have a backup plan in case anything goes south, it's just that if I do come out I still want to feel loved by my parents, if that even makes sense. 

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, Mad_Max said:

I do think that could help. I know I have full support from my aunt as well as my sister. 

I also have a backup plan in case anything goes south, it's just that if I do come out I still want to feel loved by my parents, if that even makes sense. 

I'm so glad you have back up plan but I so wish no one would ever need to do this. It makes complete sense that you still want your parents love and you do deserve that love. You quite rightly want to be accepted, respected and loved for who you are.

Obviously no one can predict their exact reaction but sometimes parents react a certain way but don't always remain in that space. It sounds like your aunt and sister will be a massive support. 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Blondie said:

I'm so glad you have back up plan but I so wish no one would ever need to do this. It makes complete sense that you still want your parents love and you do deserve that love. You quite rightly want to be accepted, respected and loved for who you are.

Obviously no one can predict their exact reaction but sometimes parents react a certain way but don't always remain in that space. It sounds like your aunt and sister will be a massive support. 

True. I'm glad I have them, as well as my friends. I'm just hoping nothing backfires.

I have faced a lot of hate because of who I am. I just hope that doesn't happen inside my own home, especially towards me.

• Ditch the Label Staff
32 minutes ago, Mad_Max said:

True. I'm glad I have them, as well as my friends. I'm just hoping nothing backfires.

I have faced a lot of hate because of who I am. I just hope that doesn't happen inside my own home, especially towards me.

I'm sorry you've faced that hate - you're among friends and allies here. We're here for you.

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png