This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

Hello...

local non-binary cup    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I have a feeling that my parents hate me for being bisexual. For example, my dad said this when I came out to him, ¨Shut it you queer, no parent wants to hear that their child is LGBTQ+!! And I will never support those queers!¨ And my mom said this when I came out to her, ¨I HAVE 5 CHILDREN AND ONE OF THEM IS LGBTQ?!! THAT JUST MAKES ME ILL!!¨ I don´t understand why they don´t want me to be bi..

Any advice?

4 hours ago, Bisexual_RamenBowl31 said:

I have a feeling that my parents hate me for being bisexual. For example, my dad said this when I came out to him, ¨Shut it you queer, no parent wants to hear that their child is LGBTQ+!! And I will never support those queers!¨ And my mom said this when I came out to her, ¨I HAVE 5 CHILDREN AND ONE OF THEM IS LGBTQ?!! THAT JUST MAKES ME ILL!!¨ I don´t understand why they don´t want me to be bi..

Any advice?

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear about how they reacted to your news. How are you feeling about this? I can imagine that this is incredibly upsetting for you, and I want you to know that it's okay to let that out, and you can speak with us here about it at any time. Also, I'm wondering, how long ago did this happen, and has anything changed since? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

19 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear about how they reacted to your news. How are you feeling about this? I can imagine that this is incredibly upsetting for you, and I want you to know that it's okay to let that out, and you can speak with us here about it at any time. Also, I'm wondering, how long ago did this happen, and has anything changed since? 

Hello, thank you for the concern. I came out on September this year. Nothing has changed, my mom won´t let me go to pride festivals and she won´t let me get bi pride stuff because she said, ¨THAT WILL INFECT MY HOUSEHOLD!!¨ As for my dad, nothing has changed at all. He is extremely disappointed in me for being bi..

I wish that they could support and accept me...but no..I´m not even sure they accept me as their daughter..

10 hours ago, Bisexual_RamenBowl31 said:

Hello, thank you for the concern. I came out on September this year. Nothing has changed, my mom won´t let me go to pride festivals and she won´t let me get bi pride stuff because she said, ¨THAT WILL INFECT MY HOUSEHOLD!!¨ As for my dad, nothing has changed at all. He is extremely disappointed in me for being bi..

I wish that they could support and accept me...but no..I´m not even sure they accept me as their daughter..

Hey there,

Ah, sorry to hear things haven't changed since. It sounds like you're not able to be yourself at home, and I can imagine that that must be hard for you. How are you feeling about it at the moment? 

12 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, sorry to hear things haven't changed since. It sounds like you're not able to be yourself at home, and I can imagine that that must be hard for you. How are you feeling about it at the moment? 

Hello,

I am feeling a bit worried and extremely tired but other than that, I´m okay.

Hey there,

Yeah, I completely get the worry. I’m wondering, although their reactions haven’t changed, how did it feel letting them know? Do you feel more able to be yourself more generally because of it, or is it the opposite? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 11:23 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I completely get the worry. I’m wondering, although their reactions haven’t changed, how did it feel letting them know? Do you feel more able to be yourself more generally because of it, or is it the opposite? 

It felt good to get it off my chest but is still hurts like hell to know that they won´t accept me as bi. I feel so so so tired..I haven´t been able to sleep due to loud noises, arguments, etc. I wanna cry..

Hey there,

Ah, it sounds like things are pretty tricky at home right now. What's going on? Who is arguing? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 1:17 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, it sounds like things are pretty tricky at home right now. What's going on? Who is arguing? 

My parents, neighbors, etc. I can't help but cry

Hey there,

Yeah, it can be really hard when people are arguing and you have to be around it, especially with family. How long has it been going on for? Is the situation getting any better? 

I have the same problem but if you want to talk when you are down I am always here too! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 4:13 PM, XxhelloxX said:

I have the same problem but if you want to talk when you are down I am always here too! :)

Thank you very much. I truly appreciate it.

No probelm :)