Jump to content

Intro


LunaB
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am LunaB, I use the pronoun she, I am from Costa Rica, I was bullied at school because of my nose shape, also some people said that I was weird and my mom  sometimes gets angry  at me for no reason. I am graduating soon, I will not see the high school people till January. And what I want is to forgive them, so I can move on with my life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LunaB said:

I am LunaB, I use the pronoun she, I am from Costa Rica, I was bullied at school because of my nose shape, also some people said that I was weird and my mom  sometimes gets angry  at me for no reason. I am graduating soon, I will not see the high school people till January. And what I want is to forgive them, so I can move on with my life.

Hey Luna, welcome to the Community!

I am a Community Warden here on the forums and I just wanted to give you a warm welcome.

If you have any questions at all please feel to give me a shout, look forward to seeing you around. 😊

image.png

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, LunaB said:

I am LunaB, I use the pronoun she, I am from Costa Rica, I was bullied at school because of my nose shape, also some people said that I was weird and my mom  sometimes gets angry  at me for no reason. I am graduating soon, I will not see the high school people till January. And what I want is to forgive them, so I can move on with my life.

My friends dogs called Luna! She's a beautiful dog! Welcome

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, LunaB said:

I am LunaB, I use the pronoun she, I am from Costa Rica, I was bullied at school because of my nose shape, also some people said that I was weird and my mom  sometimes gets angry  at me for no reason. I am graduating soon, I will not see the high school people till January. And what I want is to forgive them, so I can move on with my life.

Hello! I hope  you feel welcome here! I don't think the high school people deserve forgiveness yet. But they will eventually :) I think first it's best to stand up for yourself [and with your mom, she shouldn't be unreasonably angry with you...although it could be stress] and then let them decide what to do with how they feel about you. Afterwards, you decide if they deserve it. Don't hand out forgiveness to people who don't deserve it! I hope you have a good day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, LunaB said:

I am LunaB, I use the pronoun she, I am from Costa Rica, I was bullied at school because of my nose shape, also some people said that I was weird and my mom  sometimes gets angry  at me for no reason. I am graduating soon, I will not see the high school people till January. And what I want is to forgive them, so I can move on with my life.

Hey @LunaB

Welcome to our community; I'm one of the digital mentors here :)

I'm sorry to hear that you were bullied at school. I really like that you want to forgive them, and this really shows how mature you are. I'm wondering, what do you think you have to do in order to forgive them? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2021 at 10:45 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey @LunaB

Welcome to our community; I'm one of the digital mentors here :)

I'm sorry to hear that you were bullied at school. I really like that you want to forgive them, and this really shows how mature you are. I'm wondering, what do you think you have to do in order to forgive them? 

I have been doing some research, and some things I find useful are: writing about them, insulting them and all bad stuff about the till I get tired, this could take days, but I am willing to accept that as long as I stop regretting every second in my adolescence. By getting mad or sad, I am still letting them win even if I do not see them anymore, I want to start my life "from zero", I want to make new friends next year in college, it would be a new start since I would not see many of my high school bullies, I want to start college as a new person, I want to let go the past, I want to do great in college and if I can, I want to go to MIT, I want to help the environment and other people, I want to be a good person, the best version of myself. Also, God will help me, I hope no one gets bullied anymore. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey there,

It sounds like you've really thought about this a lot. I really like the idea of writing how you feel, and it can be really helpful to rip the paper up once you've written it down - what do you think of that? It can help to get some of the anger out. I noticed what you said about wanting to start college as a new person, and I'm wondering, can you tell me a little bit more about what you mean by that, please? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

It sounds like you've really thought about this a lot. I really like the idea of writing how you feel, and it can be really helpful to rip the paper up once you've written it down - what do you think of that? It can help to get some of the anger out. I noticed what you said about wanting to start college as a new person, and I'm wondering, can you tell me a little bit more about what you mean by that, please? 

Well, by a new person I mean that when I was in high school I used to let myself down, sometimes I talked to teachers to help me but it was so many people that it was out of my control, I never paid enough attention to myself, I did not have self esteem, I never exercised or took care of my skin, I had bad acne and some people made fun of me because of that, I was so lost, I cried a lot, I was angry and sad all the time, I did not want to talk to anyone, sometimes I barely wanted to talk to my friends because I was upset, I did not want to buy pretty clothes because I used to think that no matter what I wear, I will look ugly, I wanted ta disappear so no one could bully me, I did not want to go out of my bedroom. So, by a new person I mean that I will work on being the best version of myself, that I would find a solution for problems instead of crying and getting mad, that I would take care of myself and other people, that I would work to make the world a better place, I do not want to feel lost again, when I was doing some research about overcoming bully I found this page and now I am more conscious about other people problems, I hope that if someone reads it, I hope you find a solution for your problems, remember that some people accept you just the way you are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey there,

Ah, okay, I get you. It's so important to look after yourself, and I think that a lot of people forget how important they are as individuals, and tend to focus more on others, which leads to them neglecting themselves. I'm really glad that you will take care of yourself more. I'm wondering, what helped you to make that shift towards wanting to focus on yourself and be a better version? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2021 at 3:01 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, okay, I get you. It's so important to look after yourself, and I think that a lot of people forget how important they are as individuals, and tend to focus more on others, which leads to them neglecting themselves. I'm really glad that you will take care of yourself more. I'm wondering, what helped you to make that shift towards wanting to focus on yourself and be a better version? 

Well, when I was in high school, all I wanted was to disappear, but then I discovered KPOP and also made some friends, real friends, they did not go to my high school so they did not know about mhy bullying situation, I feel so good when I talk to them, I told them about my bullies and they gave me support and made me try my best, but it was very difficult since every day in high school I was bullied, but now that I do not go to high school anymore, it will be easier, I do not want to feel bad about everything that happened in high school anymore, I want to be a better person because I can help other people that way and have a good life, thank you for reading, it makes me feel good to talk about this, it helps me relax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey there,

That’s great that talking here is helping you to relax. I really do think that a problem shared is a problem halved, and we are always here to support you.

It sounds like you’ve really been able to make some good friends who are helping you in so many ways, and it’s honestly so lovey and I’m really happy for you. I’m wondering, what do you think would help you to not feel bad anymore about what happened? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 12:16 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That’s great that talking here is helping you to relax. I really do think that a problem shared is a problem halved, and we are always here to support you.

It sounds like you’ve really been able to make some good friends who are helping you in so many ways, and it’s honestly so lovey and I’m really happy for you. I’m wondering, what do you think would help you to not feel bad anymore about what happened? 

I think that I should forgive them for real, I have been working on that but it was 5 years of bullying everyday,  I never had peace, I feel like I wasted 5 years of my life hiding from bullies. These days I have been shariing with my family and I feel good, I have not seen anyone from high school, I feel a little pressure because the results of the admision test for college are out on January 11th, and i have been accepted on another university too but that is my 3rd option, anyways, I have tu study and prepare myself. I do want to feel good in college, in high school I wanted to cry and leave all the time, but in college I want to be a great student, I want to learn many things and I do not want my past to ruin everything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey there,

I'm intrigued by the last thing you said in your message, about how you don't want your past to ruin everything. I'm wondering, do you feel like that is happening at the moment? If so, why is that? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2022 at 3:19 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm intrigued by the last thing you said in your message, about how you don't want your past to ruin everything. I'm wondering, do you feel like that is happening at the moment? If so, why is that? 

Well, when I was in high school many people bullied me, talked about me, created false rumors about me, and I just do not want anyone to talk about it, I want friends and I would not like people to know about what happened to me, they would look at me with pity or worse, bully me again, I just want to live in peace and I want to leave what happened in high school in the past but I hope everyone else do the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey there,

Ah, okay, I understand, so it's mainly about not wanting other people to treat you differently or bully you. I'm wondering, if people did know about what happened, what kind of impact do you think it might have on your life? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2022 at 2:44 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, okay, I understand, so it's mainly about not wanting other people to treat you differently or bully you. I'm wondering, if people did know about what happened, what kind of impact do you think it might have on your life? 

I think they would look at me as a victim, they would look at me with pity, my bullying started because of my nose shape, and I always wanted to hide it in high school so no one could see, and maybe people would pay more attention to my nose and stare at me like I was an alien, I do not want that, not anymore. I do not want people to stare at my nose, it reminds me of high school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...